Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just ordered a new ukulele!

Have fun with your Kala!
    -Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

Congratulations!!! Ordering from HMS is a smart move!!!
    Maui no ka oi !!!!!
    Kamaka HF-3, Vintage 1935 Kamaka Pineapple, Kanile'a Deluxe 6 string Tenor, Kamaka 1996 HF-38, Makala Concert

It does feel good to know you ordered from a shop everyone speaks very highly of. And it is a slippery slope -- I think I may have converted my boyfriend to the joy of ukulele. There may be a Kala KA-CG or a Gretsch G9110 in his very near future. I'm also pondering my next ukulele, but first things first.

And @Karasu, your Pono is absolutely gorgeous!

Not to encourage UAS, but did you notice the HMS blemish page? http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukuele...-specials.html

Some great deals to be had there. Just saying

Quote Originally Posted by vanflynn View Post
    Not to encourage UAS, but did you notice the HMS blemish page? http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukuele...-specials.html

Some great deals to be had there. Just saying
    You are terrible, @vanflynn. But yes, I did peruse that page. If only I had $1200 so I could buy that 1920s Martin. I'm a bit of a silent movie buff and it would be fun to have a ukulele of that vintage even though I'm not worthy of it yet.

Bonus clip featuring one of my favorite sirens of the silver screen, Clara Bow. ETA: the embed seems to ignore the part of the URL to make the clip start at 0:53.

Last edited by teruterubouzu; 01-03-2013 at 04:35 AM. Reason: start the video at 0:53

Hmm, I tried to reply, but it ate my post.

You are an enabler @vanflynn. I did check out that site and eyed that 1920s Martin. Too bad it's $1900! I love silent films and it would be fun to have a ukulele from that era.

Congrats on your new purchase!
    I too ordered a new uke from HMS recently. Last Sunday, on the 31st.
    I went and ordered the Pono MS w/Micro Blemish. A Christmas gift to myself this year.
    My first Uke !!!
    It Looked like too good a deal to pass up... $379 marked down to $179 .I've been glued to the front window looming for the FedEx guy since wednesday! Although, I have yet to hear from HMS on whether it has gone out yet or not.
    It's killing me! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
    I bought my first ukulele on a whim when I saw it for 50% off on Amazon. I'd wanted one for years and couldn't say no to the price. It is an adorable little Johnson Pineapple. I found out it wasn't exactly a quality instrument, but it was what I needed to realize I really enjoyed playing.

That ukulele arrived last Friday and now, less than a week later, I've ordered another one! After a lot of poking around on the internet and watching youtube videos, I settled on the Kala KA-CEM. It seems like the perfect beginner ukulele and, since I ordered it from Hawaii Music Supply, I'm excited about having a properly set up instrument.

Had to share here because I don't think any of my real life friends would get why I'm so excited! Whee!
    I've actually made many "real life" friends right here on the threads.

Welcome to UU and congrats on the purchases
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by brutaldiver View Post
    I too ordered a new uke from HMS recently. Last Sunday, on the 31st.
    I went and ordered the Pono MS w/Micro Blemish. A Christmas gift to myself this year.
    My first Uke !!!
    That's awesome @brutaldiver. It looks like a beautiful instrument. The waiting is so difficult! I keep checking my order status on HMS.

And thanks again for the encouragement everyone. I will post a photo when it arrives!

Whee! I got the shipping notice from HMS today. Now the obsessive fedex tracking begins!

Thread Information