Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 60 of 60

Thread: Just ordered a new ukulele!

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    905

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by teruterubouzu View Post
    Well, I had my first ukulele class tonight and said I'd give an update. Don't think I'm going to bother going back. I posted about it here, but to sum it up, it was a disappointment and I don't think I'll go back. The teacher said she LOVED ukulele, but kept on mentioning how it was a great way to move into guitar. She didn't even play a uke of her own -- it was one from the shop with the tag still hanging from it. Wish there was a better place to take lessons here in Minneapolis.
    Hi, teruterubouzu! Oh my goodness, I am so jealous you live in Minneapolis! My ukulele teacher is Danielle Anderson of Danielle Ate The Sandwich and she lives in Minneapolis. I live near Seattle, but take Skype lessons with Danielle and she is a WONDERFUL teacher (I used to be a teacher, so I am pretty picky!)! My Skype lessons with her are only $25 per hour (the very first one was $50 for the hour, but all lessons after the initial one are only $25 for an hour). I know she also teaches in person in Minneapolis. I feel that since I have started working with Danielle, my uke playing is really growing, and it's an amazing feeling to be able to play tunes that I love! I also enjoy working with Danielle so much because she really cares about you learning; she is also excellent at follow-up after lessons -- always wanting to answer whatever questions you have.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    4,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pdxuke View Post
    AND... you have us. Lot's of help available here!
    'Tis true. This forum is amazing. I have already learned so much.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hochapeafarm View Post
    Hi, teruterubouzu! Oh my goodness, I am so jealous you live in Minneapolis! My ukulele teacher is Danielle Anderson of Danielle Ate The Sandwich and she lives in Minneapolis. I live near Seattle, but take Skype lessons with Danielle and she is a WONDERFUL teacher (I used to be a teacher, so I am pretty picky!)! My Skype lessons with her are only $25 per hour (the very first one was $50 for the hour, but all lessons after the initial one are only $25 for an hour). I know she also teaches in person in Minneapolis. I feel that since I have started working with Danielle, my uke playing is really growing, and it's an amazing feeling to be able to play tunes that I love! I also enjoy working with Danielle so much because she really cares about you learning; she is also excellent at follow-up after lessons -- always wanting to answer whatever questions you have.
    That's really amazing. Do you think she is taking on any new students? Would you be able to share any information either in the thread or via PM? Thank you for chiming in with this lead on lessons.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    I just ordered my second one yesterday. A soprano!
    Just Feel The Groooooove

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    4,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle23 View Post
    I just ordered my second one yesterday. A soprano!
    Awesome! What did you decide on? When do you expect it will arrive? I suppose you have a thread going on with that info.

    I ordered another one too, but this one is for my boyfriend. It's this one Gretsch Solid Top Tenor Cutaway. I will get borrowing rights so I think I'm just as excited as he is.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Buffalo, NY
    Posts
    1,011

    Default

    I decided on a Koloa Solid Mahogany - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koloa-KU-600...vip=true&rt=nc

    I love the look, and have been looking for an affordable gloss finish uke. Doesn't bother me that it's used. I also seen some sound samples on youtube and I think they sound awesome for the price.
    Just Feel The Groooooove

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    4,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle23 View Post
    I decided on a Koloa Solid Mahogany - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Koloa-KU-600...vip=true&rt=nc

    I love the look, and have been looking for an affordable gloss finish uke. Doesn't bother me that it's used. I also seen some sound samples on youtube and I think they sound awesome for the price.
    Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it being used either. Congratulations on your new uke!

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    905

    Default

    That's really amazing. Do you think she is taking on any new students? Would you be able to share any information either in the thread or via PM? Thank you for chiming in with this lead on lessons.[/QUOTE]



    I think that the she taking new students, yes, you can reach her via her email at daniellesmagic@gmail.com. You could also reach her via YT on her channel, daniellesmagic, or via her web site, www.danielleatethesandwich.com. Again, I highly recommend working with her -- hope you get a chance to see for yourself how super she is -- you'll learn so much and have a ton of fun in the process!

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    569

    Default

    Congrats on your new uke(s)!

    Have to say I'm jealous of all you Statesiders, given that the prices you pay are roughly half what the same uke costs us in the UK!

    I think I'll have to keep an eye out for when you guys sell up so I can pick up a nice secondhand uke at a decent price.......
    Keith

    Mahalo 2020 Soprano - or at least it used to be! http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...akeover-Thread
    Aria ACU-250 Concert
    Clearwater UCW7T Tenor
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert
    Fender 52 Telecaster Concert

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    4,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hochapeafarm View Post



    I think that the she taking new students, yes, you can reach her via her email at daniellesmagic@gmail.com. You could also reach her via YT on her channel, daniellesmagic, or via her web site, www.danielleatethesandwich.com. Again, I highly recommend working with her -- hope you get a chance to see for yourself how super she is -- you'll learn so much and have a ton of fun in the process!
    Thank you so much! I'm really excited about this.

    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosToo View Post
    Congrats on your new uke(s)!

    Have to say I'm jealous of all you Statesiders, given that the prices you pay are roughly half what the same uke costs us in the UK!

    I think I'll have to keep an eye out for when you guys sell up so I can pick up a nice secondhand uke at a decent price.......
    If it makes you feel better, I'm jealous of you folks in the UK for pretty much everything other than ukes.
    Last edited by teruterubouzu; 02-09-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: fixed the quotes

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    MN, USA
    Posts
    4,969

    Default Another new uke!

    It seems silly to start a new discussion for this so I'll just continue in my original thread.

    I seem to have caught a bit of UAS and temporarily abated it by buying a uke as a gift. My partner in crime has been playing my ukulele almost as much as I have, so I decided he needed one of his own. After much thought, many viewings of videos and listening to sound clips, I bought him a Gretsch Solid Top Tenor Cutaway from HMS. Because he has a guitar background, I thought he'd have fun with low g tuning and the option to plug it into an amp. It arrived on Friday and is a gorgeous uke indeed. It sounds fantastic and is a lot of fun to play. Most importantly, he is having a great time with it.

    I love this site because, without it, I never would have known what a tenor uke was, much less known to consider having it tuned differently. Thank you!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •