Looking to form weelky jam in Philly area

lakesideglenn

Reaction score
Happy New Year all!

I'd like to meet up with a few other players in the Philly/South Jersey area on a weekly or semi-regular basis to jam and swap some tunes. I know there is already a Philly/Jersey uke group but they never meet up any where near Philly but a good distance away in New Hope PA or Princton NJ ... geographically undesirable for me and many other folks I'm sure.
Let me know via the forum or PM if anyone out there is interested.

Cheers!

Glenn

We get together once a week in the Quakertown area. Might be a bit far for you but you are welcome to join us.

Hi, Glenn-

I'm always up for another uke jam. I also participate in the Philadelphia Main Line Ukulele Group. It doesn't have a set schedule, but generally meets every couple of weeks or so. It has moved among different member's homes, although now meets frequently at Bryn Mawr college, where one of the members has access to the music rehearsal rooms. If you're interested, I can send you a link to join. Thanks!

Rich

Thanks Mandarb but Quakertown is way too far away from me unless I was gonna do an overnight!

Hi RichM...I'd be interested in checking out the Main Line group, still a little far but doable. Didn't I talk with you about your Maybelle banjo uke a couple months ago? Did you ever sell it?

Thanks for your responses folks...anybody else out there?

I know the Main Line Group and the Central Jersey group are great groups with really nice people. Lots of fun, however, I feel the same as you in that in order for me to get to either, it is a long drive in both directions. I run a performing arts center in Blackwood, NJ (15 minutes outside of Center City, Philly). We just opened a new facility on the Black Horse Pike that is only 10 minutes from the Walt Whitman Bridge. I'd be happy to host an ukulele group if there is any interest (even if small at first). Also, if the Main Line and Central Jersey groups want to meet at my place, I can make that happen.

Ed

That's what I'm talking about! Count me in Ed, I live in Blackwood. There's gotta be a few other uke players around here. Where's your place located?

Glenn

I have a friend in Erial, also looking for a group and I am sure there will be more. the location is Mainstage Center for the Arts, located at historic Academy Hall, 27 S. Black Horse Pike, Blackwood. It is right next to the Gloucester Township Rotary Library (across for the Rite Aide on Church Street). Even if we start with the three of us- that is a start!!!! my email is ed@mainstage.org.

That's what I'm talking about! Count me in Ed, I live in Blackwood. There's gotta be a few other uke players around here. Where's your place located?

Glenn

Depending on the day of week I could make it after work. Only a few miles from the office.

I do a radio show on Tuesday night so Wed, Thu, or Fri would work.

Thanks.

Reading / King of Prussia

I live in Reading, PA, and work in King of Prussia, PA. If anyone is anywhere near either of those places I'd like to hang out and play.

I'm a beginner (started in August 2012), but I've been practicing a lot and loving it.

Shawn

hey. we're from Cherry Hill and down to hang in south jersey/philly area. my friend Oliver runs the one in central jersey but never can make it up there.

We have a small group call Ukeandoitman http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Az4a4onmMc

We kinda suck but have lots of fun!

Keep me posted.

Thanks
Ryan

Thought I'd bump this thread as the weather is getting nice and there has been another recent thread about forming a South Jersey group. Let's get this thing going soon!
Hey Ed...you mentioned you had a venue....are you still out there?

Top Bottom