So I went to buy a humidifier and came out with a...

kvehe

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
charango (armadillo included).

Pix in other instrument section later today.

Bummer, I have already broken one string trying to tune it. :( :(

Pix posted in other thread, but hey, there are only three so I'll sneak them in here.
CharangoMissingA.jpgCharangoBodyMissingA.jpgCharangoBack.jpg

Last edited:
Wow Kat....Congratulations...Control yerself...LOL holy moly. will be waiting....you should have asked me, I have a builder who builds wonderful ones and taro patch uke
for a reasonable price.....

There's no controlling someone determined to make an impulse purchase. The people in my office are creeped out by it. The nice people at Music Folk also have a lovely selection of Martins, both American and Mexican, so I am not hopeless.

This is precisely why I have been afraid to step out for a humidifier! I ordered mine from Amazon just to be on the safe side. ;)

This is precisely why I have been afraid to step out for a humidifier! I ordered mine from Amazon just to be on the safe side. ;)

Yes, I actually started to do that this morning for that very reason, but then decided that I needed the humidifier *now*, not on Monday.

Congrats. Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Did you remember to get the humidifier or do you have to go back?

Hi. I'm Kathryn and I have SIAS (stringed instrument acquisition syndrome).

Hi Kathryn

Congratulations on the new armadillo charango. I wonder if it rolls up into a ball if you try to play it in public.

LOL. I guess I won't know that until I get it back with its nice new set of strings. I've read that the reason they are hit by cars so often is that when startled they jump 3 or 4 feet into the air, just in time to be smashed. Maybe it will leap away from me when I try to make musical sounds. ...and I think a better term might just be IAS - you don't want to know how many flutes I have....but only two clarinets and only one oboe and only one piano...

LOL. I guess I won't know that until I get it back with its nice new set of strings. I've read that the reason they are hit by cars so often is that when startled they jump 3 or 4 feet into the air, just in time to be smashed. Maybe it will leap away from me when I try to make musical sounds. ...and I think a better term might just be IAS - you don't want to know how many flutes I have....but only two clarinets and only one oboe and only one piano...

Well if you have a wood clarinet, you just need a plastic beater, so that makes sense. And then all the mouthpieces and barrels and ligatures..reeds... I've always wanted to give oboe a try. But really really, what I want is a bass or alto clarinet. I have some ideas of how to use one that wouldn't be terribly traditional. Searching youtube, others are getting similar ideas. :)

Really, UAS is cheap compared to the wind instruments.

Wow, that's one crazy instrument! I guess it's a 5 string ukulele with octave and unison strings?

Can I request a video of it in action?

Maluhia!

Top Bottom