Send a Card Please

salukulady

Reaction score

Last edited:
She has had a huge impact on ukulele with her friendly and upbeat attitude.

Last edited:
Heart warming:)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm sure your heart is in the right place but you might want to ask for her permission before taking an email addressed to family and friends and posting it on a public forum, especially about something so personal. Now when people google her business, this thread about her health will be included in the search results. She might not want the entire world to know...

I'm sure your heart is in the right place but you might want to ask for her permission before taking an email addressed to family and friends and posting it on a public forum, especially about something so personal. Now when people google her business, this thread about her health will be included in the search results. She might not want the entire world to know...

That is exactly why i asked for you all to send cards to her. I did not post her email addy....I posted her snail mail addy and asked people to send cards. I shall take any reference to her business out of my post. Perhaps people that have posted her FB addy could remove their posts or a mod could delete them please.

Newportlocal, mmstan and uncle moon please delete the reference to the shops name in your posts please. Aspieman please delete the paradise reference too.

Last edited:
That is exactly why i asked for you all to send cards to her. I did not post her email addy....I posted her snail mail addy and asked people to send cards. I shall take any reference to her business out of my post. Perhaps people that have posted her FB addy could remove their posts or a mod could delete them please.

It's not about giving away her email address, it's that you made public a private email message that was addressed to her family and friends (sorry if the wording I used in my previous sentence was unclear). UU is a public forum and this very thread is publicly available on the internet even to non-members, and it's googleable. I'm sure you mean no harm (privacy on the internet is indeed a complex issue), but this is a breach of privacy if done without her expressed permission, which is actually illegal in most countries. That's why I was suggesting that you contact her to ask for her permission.

It's not about giving away her email address, it's that you made public a private email message that was addressed to her family and friends (sorry if the wording I used in my previous sentence was unclear). UU is a public forum and this very thread is publicly available on the internet even to non-members, and it's googleable. I'm sure you mean no harm (privacy on the internet is indeed a complex issue), but this is a breach of privacy if done without her expressed permission, which is actually illegal in most countries. That's why I was suggesting that you contact her to ask for her permission.

I know her family and friend list is hundreds long. She has posted here on UU. I'm not about to bother her at this time. All contacts information has been removed. You are absolutely correct and I'm an idiot.

Last edited:
Yes don't beat yourself over it, you acted out of kindness

Yes Sally you meant well from your heart which counts most...sorry if my post brought you grief, it was not intended to...just inform.. I know you are real good and have a big heart...Stan

Top Bottom