Living Waters Strings on Mya-Moe Baritone and Collings Tenor

NewKid

Reaction score
I just put all-flourocarbon Living Waters strings - dGBE on my new Mya-Moe baritone (#765) and I feel like my great instrument just got better. The high D string gives it the ukulele sparkle but it's the perfect tension of the strings that have made the biggest difference to me.

I started with Low-GCEA on this uke which was very nice - especially for Jazz standards. I also tried standard DGBE tuning with two wound strings but didn't like how loose the strings felt. Now I feel like I have the perfect combination with the high D Living Waters strings.

Also put Low-G CEA Living Waters strings on my Collings Tenor and the Low-G works great though it does seem to sit high over the nut slot. It plays wonderfully and does not feel like a compromise.

No more wound strings! Thank you Ken Middleton.

I have a Collings UC3K strung with Living Waters Concert High G. It's like listening to Heaven calling ;-)
However I think it's the Collings calling Heaven not the strings which are made in Heaven (sorry Ken!.. lol)

Cheers,

I just put all-flourocarbon Living Waters strings - dGBE on my new Mya-Moe baritone (#765) and I feel like my great instrument just got better. The high D string gives it the ukulele sparkle but it's the perfect tension of the strings that have made the biggest difference to me.

I started with Low-GCEA on this uke which was very nice - especially for Jazz standards. I also tried standard DGBE tuning with two wound strings but didn't like how loose the strings felt. Now I feel like I have the perfect combination with the high D Living Waters strings.

Also put Low-G CEA Living Waters strings on my Collings Tenor and the Low-G works great though it does seem to sit high over the nut slot. It plays wonderfully and does not feel like a compromise.

No more wound strings! Thank you Ken Middleton.

Collings nut

"Also put Low-G CEA Living Waters strings on my Collings Tenor and the Low-G works great though it does seem to sit high over the nut slot. It plays wonderfully and does not feel like a compromise."

I called the Collings factory about the Low G on my UT3K. They said that if they knew a uke was going to use a low G they set the nut and bridge up differently than for a high G. I took the uke to an authorized Collings dealer who (CAREFULLY) enlarged the nut slot and the bridge slot to fit the larger diameter low G. Perfect! :)

Last edited:
I put Living Waters strings on my Compass Rose in Low G (like they were built to played with). And I must say... I'm gonna be supporter of Living Water strings for a LONG time;)

Like the OP said... "Thank you Ken Middleton!"

love these strings

At this point I should add that I love these strings. They are alive. Ring with layers of nuance. (Boy does that sound cool).:cool:

I just purchased a Collings tenor--high G. My local luthier changed the setup to low G. I had a set of Living Waters low G purchased from Ken at wine country festival last year. The uke is very bright and lively and rings all day. It is a really good match.

Last edited:
Top Bottom