"song surgeon" for slowing down audio - anyone used it?

barefootgypsy

Reaction score
HI all, I've been looking at Song Surgeon, a program for slowing down audio, and I was wondering whether any of you folk had used it - the pro version has some pretty interesting features, but of course it isn't cheap.... I'm tempted..... to help with figuring out fast stuff.

It looks pretty complicated to use - I've downloaded the free trial version but am struggling to get started with it. Your thoughts/experience with it would be appreciated! Thanks! :)

Try Audacity. It's free. And even I figured out how to slow a song down, which is saying something.

As sukie said, Audacity is free and easy..... if you're a Mac user, Garageband does the same thing. It might not have all the bells and whistles one of those 'slow downer' specific applications might have, but if you're just looking to slow it down without changing pitch so you can play along and figure things out, Audacity or GB should suit your needs.....

GarageBand works? Really? Dang it! Thank god audacity was free. Gotta try that. Thanks, Skidoo.

Sorry for bumping this thread but I recommend iRehearse if you have a Mac. You can slow down a song for rehearsals without any loss of pitch. You can also change key without slowing down if you have learnt a song by ear and want to play in a specific key.

Top Bottom