Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 82

Thread: Waltzing Matilda - Come On!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    The Queensland Version on sopranino recorder.
    Nicely done!!!

    And might I say that is an awesome bridge (?) on the wall behind you.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Posts
    486

    Default And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda ~ Instrumental

    With the host's kind indulgence, I offer this tune.

    And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda
    Written by Eric Bogle in 1971.
    Instrumental on low G soprano uke.

    It reminds me of one of the best Australian films I ever saw, Peter Weir's "Gallipoli" from 1981.

    Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey sang this song to his supporters the night he was elected to the US Senate. You can see that video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z59Iw36wM0
    He won the Congressional Medal of Honor and lost a leg in the Viet Nam war. He used the first line of the song as the title of his autobiography "When I Was a Young Man."

    My favorite version by the Pogues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY


    I have more ukes than I need, but not as many as I want.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1,202

    Default

    I already post mine somewhere else but here it is, waiting for another version (with the little white uke...)


  4. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wee_ginga_yin View Post
    Here you go... bare and unadorned.
    Gee! What a beautiful rendition. I loved it. Thank you wgy!

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~dave~~wave~ View Post
    With the host's kind indulgence, I offer this tune.

    And The Band Played Waltzing Matilda
    Written by Eric Bogle in 1971.
    Instrumental on low G soprano uke.

    It reminds me of one of the best Australian films I ever saw, Peter Weir's "Gallipoli" from 1981.

    Nebraska Senator Bob Kerrey sang this song to his supporters the night he was elected to the US Senate. You can see that video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z59Iw36wM0
    He won the Congressional Medal of Honor and lost a leg in the Viet Nam war. He used the first line of the song as the title of his autobiography "When I Was a Young Man."

    My favorite version by the Pogues: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqN1glz4JY
    My favourite anti-war song Dave. It really points out the devastation and futility of war.
    A poignant little instrumental. I appreciate your lovely contribution to this thread..

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLatitude View Post
    Nicely done!!!

    And might I say that is an awesome bridge (?) on the wall behind you.
    Thank you.
    The bridge was made by maternal grandfather, Arthur Heaton. He passed away about 40 years ago. He was an expert wood worker. It is about 75 years old and is made from ply using a scroll saw. The Australian red cedar cabinet under the bridge and the large red cedar table seen in some recent videos are also his work.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ukeval View Post
    I already post mine somewhere else but here it is, waiting for another version (with the little white uke...)
    You know I love your instrumental version, Val. Thank you for posting it again here.
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 01-18-2013 at 10:00 AM.

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Apeldoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    I wanted to do this one for some time, so here it is. As with all my recordings, it has it's good and it's bad

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Central Coast, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    5,964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xommen View Post
    I wanted to do this one for some time, so here it is. As with all my recordings, it has it's good and it's bad
    Good one Wim!
    Thanks for adding the xommen style to this thread.
    Love the hat!

  9. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Apeldoorn, Netherlands
    Posts
    1,275

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    Good one Wim!
    Thanks for adding the xommen style to this thread.
    Love the hat!
    Thanks Brian, I thought the hat fitted the song

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Oklahoma, USA.
    Posts
    2,037

    Default Waltzing Matilda from Jazzbanjorex:

    I hope no one has done this song yet! (that's a joke).
    Finally got my chance to record it. A few oppses in there, sorry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •