new song: Tomorrow on the Map

uke4ia

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score

I could use some feedback on this song, and I didn't get any when I posted it on the video board. I put this song together a week ago. I had the lyrics finished a couple of months ago. Last week, I sat down to try to put music to it. I couldn't remember the melody I'd come up with in November. But I had a couple of riffs from an unfinished instrumental, and they seemed to work pretty well. Then I added some musical bits from a song I wrote as a teenager in the late '70s.

A lot of stuff I wrote in the '70s and early '80s had more interesting chord changes than I usually come up with now. So when I'm embarrassed by lyrics I wrote in my youth, I've been trying to find ways to repurpose the old music because I still enjoy playing it. The question I have in doing this, especially with this song, is whether the lyrics and music are in conflict with each other.

I enjoy your playing. The camera microphone picked up the uke very nicely. The built in mic was not as kind to your voice. Thats one of the problems with video recording. One of these days I have to figure out how to sync tunes created my recording software to videos from my DSLR

My voice is probably more unkind to the microphone than the other way around.

Jim this really is a wonderful song. I just nominated it for original of the year over on the contests board. Thanks for sharing it with us mate. Full of your characteristic intensity and passion.

Daaammn!!! You're a helluva a composer, and player....really like the chord progression....

Top Bottom