My Moore Bettah soprano

Jimdrum

Reaction score
After admiring the two latest beauties from Chuck Moore here in the Ukulele Underground - congratulations to mm stan and nongdam - I figured that y'all might enjoy seeing the 'Monstera' soprano that arrived at my front door via USPS last October. Chuck asked me to be patient when I first inquired, and my patience was more than well rewarded. The uke is an extraordinary work of art in every respect, and Chuck is a classy guy to do business with.

IMG_1721.jpg

Wow, that is some beautiful koa!! I love long necks and it's good to see it on Sopranos as well. The only thing I can't say is welcome to the MBU family since you got it before us!!! I'm glad to see that you still have the excitement

Last edited:
Aloha Jimmy,
Congrats it is a real beauty...thank you for sharing....Wow super soprano's are one of my fav's too...what is the inlay on the headstock??
I agree Chuckie is a real nice guy....and a pleasure to do business with ..
great friend too!!!!

Last edited:
Beautiful......... I know how sweet they sound. Welcome to the family!

Beautiful! Welcome to the family.

What a beautiful instrument. I'll bet it sounds as beautiful as it looks! I haven't had a chance to check out a Moore Bettah yet, but I'll be taking the opportunity as soon as I get the chance.

My bank account and wife are begging you guys to Quit posting pics of your MBs!!
Me, on the other hand can't stop drooling. :iwant:

My bank account and wife are begging you guys to Quit posting pics of your MBs!!
Me, on the other hand can't stop drooling. :iwant:

hahaha.....same here!!!!
Congrats...that is a real beauty!!

that more data ukulele is absolutely gorgeous and I didn't know that Chuck may bury Manning soprano instruments. That is an excellent example of a fine wine co-op and made custom ukulele. I appreciate your sharing photos areas

I'm using my new voice recognition software areas.

Aloha Jimmy,
Congrats it is a real beauty...thank you for sharing....Wow super soprano's are one of my fav's too...what is the inlay on the headstock??
I agree Chuckie is a real nice guy....and a pleasure to do business with ..
great friend too!!!!

Thanks mm stan, and everyone for the kind words. I remember telling Chuck that it's impossible for me to play this beauty without thinking of him each and every time. According to the accompanying spec sheet, the head stock overlay is ebony (as is the bridge, fretboard and the binding), and the inlay is described as ' "Monstera"- Paua abalone, Koa'. The Paua abalone is especially beautiful, and the sound is soooooo Hawaiian ono! Here's a close up photo:

DSC_0014.jpg

Congrats Jim.

The coolest thing is how each Moore Bettah is a very unique work of art, while sounding wonderfully similar.
Can't wait to see what Chuck will build next. You know, we should have a thread just for pictures of UU members' Moore Bettah ukes.

Congrats Jim.

The coolest thing is how each Moore Bettah is a very unique work of art, while sounding wonderfully similar.
Can't wait to see what Chuck will build next. You know, we should have a thread just for pictures of UU members' Moore Bettah ukes.

Doc, that is such a great idea! There is that Mya Moe thread with all the serial numbers. Perhaps we could do the same. It could be a dangerous thread with all of that eye candy to look at!

Top Bottom