Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Aquila Barfatones Rant

dhoenisch Guest

My mom's favorite uke size is baritone, and her favorite strings are the Aquila strings. They last her 8 to 9 months before any of the wound strings break. I also have my baritone strung with Aquila strings and have not had any issues with them,. Mind you, I don't play my baritone as much as my mom does, but her ukes get played at least an hour a day, every day, both baritones.

Anyhow, just wanted to add my personal experience with Aquila. I don't have issues with their strings at all. They always perform as they should for me.

Dan

UU member Mimmo = Aquila. You coulda PM'd him. Not that I'm against posting problems, because that's how you find out others are having the same problem...but it's not any more difficult to get hold of him, as it is Ken or Southcoast.

Kanile'a dlx super concert / Koaloha concert / Ohana sk-38 / Risa Uke Solid Tenor

@Apollostowel @RockingDodars The Rocking Dodar Blog Proud to be TIGER. A REAL Tiger. All-in all the freakin' time.

If you need me I'll be on twitter, google+ or r/ukulele

Quote Originally Posted by Plainsong View Post
    UU member Mimmo = Aquila. You coulda PM'd him. Not that I'm against posting problems, because that's how you find out others are having the same problem...but it's not any more difficult to get hold of him, as it is Ken or Southcoast.
    I appreciate that information, unless you know that, it is difficult to impossible to get in touch with them. I tried sending them a message from my tablet 5 times yesterday and kept getting this message "you are not logged in" I got on a PC where I could see better and the screen said Contact Us but it also said Complaints: contact the store that sold you the strings. Do not... "

Contact us.jpg

I ended up sending something to infor@aquilausa but that is probably a sales line. I'll send the same to Mimmo. Thanks again!

The guy/gal from Aquila USA responded quickly and said they are an Independent Distributor and suggested I contact Aquila at their web site. I e-mailed him back and told him the site doesn't let you send message. It's not his fault, very quick response.

I checked out Mimmo, I didn't see any indication of an Aquila affiliation, I sent a message anyway. So Mimmo if I sent that to you in error, I apologize for bothering you.

Thanks everyone for all the input and have a GREAT DAY!!! We are off to play for 4 hours at the park (Brrrrrrr)

Wow, that form contradicts itself. "Contact Us" - then, not if you're a retailer. Ok, how about if I'm a customer? No, you contact the store you got them from, where they won't know anything about uke strings. Ok.. Then if I can't contact you if I'm a customer or a retailer, can I buy the strings then? No, this is the wrong form. This is the contact us form that no one is supposed to use. Use the other form for buying...

Yeah, something got lost in translation there. If you contact them from mercatinodellukulele.it, they're very friendly. I'm sure they would be through Aquila too if you could get hold of them.

Kanile'a dlx super concert / Koaloha concert / Ohana sk-38 / Risa Uke Solid Tenor

@Apollostowel @RockingDodars The Rocking Dodar Blog Proud to be TIGER. A REAL Tiger. All-in all the freakin' time.

Wow that is some heavy ranting....always sweeter if you use sugar.....I'd contact Mimmo here, after all was said I am not sure how he'd respond....
    Mimmo is a real nice guy though, he certainly does not deserve this....Personal Message here, he is a UU member and usually responds quickly if he see anything..

I disagree, in that it's human nature to get frustrated at something like this. And UU is the nicest of forums, but we have this forum culture of sweeping things under the rug and speaking of problems in hushed tones. I guess if it was a witch hunt, that's bad and wrong... But I read the OP's post in the spirit of frustration, which is different than a forum witch hunt. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone's out for blood. Sure yeah, he coulda contacted Mimmo, but he also didn't know Mimmo was Aquila, and their email form needs work.

I don't think anyone was the bad guy here, not Mimmo and his email form, or ukuleleblues for being frustrated. It just.. Happens. Mimmo is good people. If there's a production problem, he'll sort it.

Caldogno, Northen Italy (50 Km far from Venice)

.... mimmo is sad to hear a such comments from people that actually knows nothing of sure in matter. I am a man ( and an uke player) before to be a businesman and a such illarious comments leave me bad. Right this.
    That guy that complaint the bad baritone strings is in right: I am very happy to send him replaces and a few more sets.
    regards
    Mimmo

Quote Originally Posted by Ukuleleblues View Post
    The guy/gal from Aquila USA responded quickly and said they are an Independent Distributor and suggested I contact Aquila at their web site. I e-mailed him back and told him the site doesn't let you send message. It's not his fault, very quick response.
    Not sure about the laws in your country, but in my country the responsibilaty is with the seller. It's logical, you have an agreement with the seller to get a product in exchange for money. They should get their part of the deal fixed, instead of pointing you to the manufacturar they should contact them theirselves.
    Makala Dolphin Black, Aquila reentrant gCEA
    wanted: Ovation Applause UAE20

[QUOTE=Plainsong;1158314]I disagree, in that it's human nature to get frustrated at something like this. And UU is the nicest of forums, but we have this forum culture of sweeping things under the rug and speaking of problems in hushed tones. QUOTE]

+1
    To this day I get grief for pointing out some QC problems I had with my Mainland uke.
    OTOH, I get a PM every-so-often from others with similar problems as mine, but aren't comfortable about posting about it.

Thread Information