Aquila Barfatones Rant

Surely manners to give the seller/manufacturer the opportunity to put things right before slating them on a public forum?

.... mimmo is sad to hear a such comments from people that actually knows nothing of sure in matter. I am a man ( and an uke player) before to be a businesman and a such illarious comments leave me bad. Right this.
That guy that complaint the bad baritone strings is in right: I am very happy to send him replaces and a few more sets.
regards
Mimmo

You really can't ask for a better attitude than this. Sounds like Mimmo is more than willing to make things right.

We're used to dealing with companies that have large, modern, technologically advanced operations. Take a look at the video below and see who's actually making these strings. I was very impressed by Mimmo's other thread asking for volunteers to try out a new formula string set. That speaks to me as someone who wants to please their customers and isn't afraid of honest, constructive criticism.

Scooter

Yeah, I was just voicing Ukuleleblue's frustration... As it would be frustrating when you can almost tell a company about potential issues. He didn't know Mimmo was here. That's the most frustrating thing, really... To see Aquila called some huge faceless company when compared to others, and it just isn't true. All the research and hard work Aquila has put into setting a new higher standard for strings, goes totally taken for granted IMO. Remember when it was just nylon string picked randomly?

Sure the OP coulda been nicer about it, but we've all had this frustration with the odd string. I don't really think anyone's at fault. :)

Thank you Mimmo for correcting this.

Mimmo replied to my PM and it appears this was a packing problem with the D and E string. I am apologizing to him personally for how I vented my frustration in the original post.

I learned one big thing that I wanted to pass along. When you buy strings, any strings, you need to open the bag and check them. Most string manufacturers are set up for you to deal with the retailer if you have problems.

Thank you Mimmo for actually caring, that is unique in this day and age. Also, the problem with their contact web page is something they are looking into.

I also wanted to thank AquilaUSA although they were not involved with the issue, they replied to my e-mails, were accessible and explained how things work in the world of strings.

Thanks again Mimmo!

Mimmo replied to my PM and it appears this was a packing problem with the D and E string. I am apologizing to him personally for how I vented my frustration in the original post.

I learned one big thing that I wanted to pass along. When you buy strings, any strings, you need to open the bag and check them. Most string manufacturers are set up for you to deal with the retailer if you have problems.

Thank you Mimmo for actually caring, that is unique in this day and age. Also, the problem with their contact web page is something they are looking into.

I also wanted to thank AquilaUSA although they were not involved with the issue, they replied to my e-mails, were accessible and explained how things work in the world of strings.

Thanks again Mimmo!

Good call Ukuleleblues!

Mimmo sounds like a great guy i had no idea he was Aquila , i wish id known that when i had my Aquila issues i might had given the brand a better chance I had issues with a Bara Set GCEA and just decided i did not like them guess hind site is 20/20 its great to him him standing behind his product, not everyone will

I've never had any issues with Aquilas on any of my ukes. I like them better thatn anything else I've tried...I guess it's all in what you get used to...I deon't want to switch...
I don't play a bari, tho, it's a concert.
Thomastick made the best fiddle strings I ever used, they were so good, I wouldn't buy anything elose for the fiddle...

Top Bottom