Wanted - Kiwaya master series koa uke! Trade kanilea, Martin, acoustic....

drose

Reaction score
Looking for a kiwaya master series koa either a concert or a tenor, willing to trade my kanilea k1 c sf satin for it. Will post pics if anyone is interested. Also have a Martin custom, that I may be willing to part with, and an acoustic amp.

I also have an alto sax that I would be willing to throw in there.

Looking for a kiwaya master series koa either a concert or a tenor, willing to trade my kanilea k1 c sf satin for it. Will post pics if anyone is interested. Also have a Martin custom, that I may be willing to part with, and an acoustic amp.

Kiwaya doesn't make a tenor.

I stand corrected thanks. They don't list any Tenors on their website http://takumiukulele.com/ but do list them on the Japanese website http://www.kiwaya.com/html/english/top.html (If you can navigate their site !!) I guess one would have to ask Andrew how to get one since their website says:

"Master Series (Build to order)
Top of the line - All solid wood (Premium curly koa) ukuleles are available in soprano and concert sizes.
"

Last edited:
KIwaya Master 039.jpg

drose, I sold my Kiwaya Master grade tenor, stupidly, about a year go. I loved it, and got the "I wants" for something else inferior. The only remnant I have of that gorgeous uke is the tuners. lol See those silver dots on the tuners. Those are stickers from my wife's paper crafting studio. lol

HMS got a Master Tenor in about a month ago, and I was considering it: it sold to someone within a couple days. They are uncommon and go fast.

I did buy a Kiwaya KTC-3 mahogany recently from HMS, and it plays like, and has the impeccable build of, the Master Koa tenor. It's not as blingy, but the build quality is equal, and the lovely Gotoh Deluxe Friction tuners are still there. Perhaps it's something to consider, given the high price of the Master Series (about 60% more). Andrew had another KTC-3 concert coming in, he told me (there's also a KTC-2 with less bling, and the KTC-1, which actually has a shorter fretboard).

I encourage you to call and speak to Andrew himself (if he's not at NAMM)--he can order you a fine Master Series uke. Or, get the KTC-3 coming in. He won;t take a saxophone in trade, though, I'm fairly certain. lol

Last edited:
I remember when you sold this and was marveling at how awesome that uke was. There is a master series concert and soprano on HMS right now. Maybe we should start a thread of ukes that we most regret selling or not buying!

View attachment 47943

drose, I sold my Kiwaya Master grade tenor, stupidly, about a year go. I loved it, and got the "I wants" for something else inferior. The only remnant I have of that gorgeous uke is the tuners. lol See those silver dots on the tuners. Those are stickers from my wife's paper crafting studio. lol

HMS got a Master Tenor in about a month ago, and I was considering it: it sold to someone within a couple days. They are uncommon and go fast.

I did buy a Kiwaya KTC-3 mahogany recently from HMS, and it plays like, and has the impeccable build of, the Master Koa tenor. It's not as blingy, but the build quality is equal, and the lovely Gotoh Deluxe Friction tuners are still there. Perhaps it's something to consider, given the high price of the Master Series (about 60% more). Andrew had another KTC-3 concert coming in, he told me (there's also a KTC-2 with less bling, and the KTC-1, which actually has a shorter fretboard).

I encourage you to call and speak to Andrew himself (if he's not at NAMM)--he can order you a fine Master Series uke. Or, get the KTC-3 coming in. He won;t take a saxophone in trade, though, I'm fairly certain. lol

Thanks everyone! I can't afford the uke without a trade, but the concert and soprano look awesome at HMS! Saving up for my Mya Moe tenor that will be done this fall! (So long...can hardly wait) :D. But if anyone is interested in trading that would be great! I may have a violin that I may be putting up for sale or trade. I just have to look up the model. It's handmade is could be worth anywhere from 500-50000!
I'm sorry to hear that coolkayaker1, I hope you get another chance at another tenor! Let me know if you guys have any friends that have a kiwaya master series and willing to trade! The Ktc looks cool too, but looking for koa. If anyone has a ktc let me know anyway!

Top Bottom