MGM's Namm 2013 blog

No, I wasn't drooling over those like a kid in a candy shop... why do you ask? *grin*

GOSH, I like those!

Danny from Koolau and I saw these before the show started and asked the two guys at the booth about pricing and availability. They both looked at us like we were crazy for talking to them. We laughed and walked on. Amazing how many vendors don't speak english. We have a Hosco account so I will inquire but it's most likely as MGM explained. They're cool though. Coordinate with a picnic basket and Swedish dress! Yay!

namm-2013-rattan-case.jpg

namm-2013-rattan-case-2.jpg

Thanks much Andrew for carrying my book! I'm anxious to see it tomorrow in the display rack in the Hal Leonard mega booth!

Craig, I just looked at this a few weeks back and was seriously impressed. You have truly given us Jazz wannabes some great material to work on. Well done and look out for it on the site in the next month.
Another winner from Jim
I gotta say.... Mr. Beloff, yer the man! Even better than the first? Could it be? And taking care of that leap year delima. I was wondering what we would do!
namm-2013-daily-ukulele.jpg

Fender had one new offering. Their koa (nohea) in concert with a cutaway and pickup. I can see them in the board room now, "we don't have a koa concert...or a koa electric..let's just kill 2 birds..."

uhh, ok.
namm-2013-fender-new-concert-nohea-electric.jpg

Luna solid top concert dragonfly, street price, $129...YES!!!
namm-2013-dragonfly.jpg

Luna all laminate spalt concert, street price, $299...hmm, we'll think about it..
namm-2013-spalt-concert.jpg

pretty though

Gretsch is killin' it
namm-2013-gretsch-guilele.jpg
namm-2013-gretsch-resonator.jpg
namm-2013-gretsch-banjolele.jpg

but favorite banjolele was the new fluke one. why? lightweight and it just sounds good.

These were sweet. USA kala basses. me want

namm-2013-usa-ubasses.jpg

un-uke but cool fender acoustics hand painted...trippy

namm-2013-fender-guitar-painted-2.jpg

namm-2013-fender-guitar-painted-4.jpg

don't look too long or you'll have a flash back!

Danny from Koolau and I saw these before the show started and asked the two guys at the booth about pricing and availability. They both looked at us like we were crazy for talking to them. We laughed and walked on. Amazing how many vendors don't speak english. We have a Hosco account so I will inquire but it's most likely as MGM explained. They're cool though. Coordinate with a picnic basket and Swedish dress! Yay!

namm-2013-rattan-case.jpg

namm-2013-rattan-case-2.jpg
Durnit! Shoulda got you to steal me one! *grin*

Aloha guys,
Thanks for the 411 on NAMM and the new 'ukuleles for 2013. Hope you all have a safe trip home.
Mahalo.

It has been discussed by others but NAMM is not as fun as it looks, at least for me. 8th one in a row. I don't know what it is but it makes me ill. The ambient chaos to your ears as thousands breathe the same air. Must be me because many love it.
However, this year I had a secret mission for the truth. In recording. After sampling many, many high end mic setups. I am ecstatic to have gotten an Earthworks setup. So true. Blew away even the most expensive Neumann and others that just seemed colored to me. Earthworks, made in Wisconsin I believe. So excited.
So soon I will be able to show you guys vids of all of these new ukes coming in, as close to being in the room as I have found. Oh man, I can't wait! Thanks friends:D

Andrew and MGM, thank you very much for taking the wonderful photos and videos of NAMM 2013, although not there, It sure felt like I was! I look forward to reading and hopefully attending the NAMM show in the future.

I was glad to see you mention Gretsch. I have a soft spot for that brand and was afraid you had pointedly not mentioned them. Did you have any thoughts on that Camp Uke?

Thank you @AndrewKuker and @MGM for putting up with the chaos and sharing your thoughts and photos with us. Now I have UAS bad, so I hope you get some of these new ukes in stock at your store soonish. Cheers!

PS: I think someone could make a killing with that rattan case. A few pins on pinterest, a post or two on tumblr and boom!

Was that six string Gretsch a guitalele? I saw quite a few of those in pics. Is there a better market for these instruments emerging other than the high high end KoAloha/Kamaka and the low end Yamaha? I only ask because this may be the direction I am headed in and I liked what I saw! Also a huge thank you for the posts and pics. I found myself logging on each night to see what you all saw. Love the commentary as well regarding the market as a whole.

Danny from Koolau and I saw these before the show started and asked the two guys at the booth about pricing and availability. They both looked at us like we were crazy for talking to them. We laughed and walked on. Amazing how many vendors don't speak english. We have a Hosco account so I will inquire but it's most likely as MGM explained. They're cool though. Coordinate with a picnic basket and Swedish dress!

My cat would like one of those. :D (The rattan case, not the Swedish dress.)

Fender had one new offering. Their koa (nohea) in concert with a cutaway and pickup. I can see them in the board room now, "we don't have a koa concert...or a koa electric..let's just kill 2 birds..."

uhh, ok.
namm-2013-fender-new-concert-nohea-electric.jpg

Damn, now I need one of those to match my NoHea Tenor. Why the hell couldn't they have made the tenor with a damn cutaway!

I've also noticed on the Kanile'a Facebook page, their new banner bears a striking resemblance to my gold rimmed Koa Uke logos. Have they nicked my idea, or were they doing it first ?

Theirs
13752_172413076694_7312288_n.jpg

Mine
Kanilea.jpg

a little fun after days of hard work
003-12_zps8c8c3e23.jpg

004-14_zpsd575ddac.jpg

Top Bottom