Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Advice please

Question Advice please

I need advice.

I want to be able to do what Aldrine did audio-wise on his Love Song cover. He plays the different parts and then layers them to make a complete song.

1. Is this what I need?

2. Do I need any other equipment to hear the final product or song?

http://www.elderly.com/new_instruments/items/RC2.htm
    Last edited by UKESTAR; 02-18-2008 at 11:53 AM.
    Where are the other two strings?

Yeah that works perfect for playing live. A buddy of mine has that and I think it's about the coolest thing ever. If you just wanted to record multiple tracks any recording software will let you do that.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Weezy View Post
    Yeah that works perfect for playing live. A buddy of mine has that and I think it's about the coolest thing ever. If you just wanted to record multiple tracks any recording software will let you do that.
    What is the difference bet. recording software and this device? Why would anyone prefer one over the other?

Thumbs up mac

if u hav a apple mac the garageband on them are really easy, and good to use, to loop and fix songs together
    -------------- --------------
    -------------------------------

I eat guitars for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by <'Tony'> View Post
    if u hav a apple mac the garageband on them are really easy, and good to use, to loop and fix songs together
    So...the ONLY advantage to using the Boss Loop station mentioned in this thread would be if I perform live?

Thanks..

I don't know anything about the loop station but if you want to record tracks for some reasonable bucks......look into FLstudio.com and download the demo. You'll need a computer with some decent ram as it is greedy for memory.

if youve already got a macbook or any laptop with garageband or similar recording software, then you dont even need that pedal. even to play live, if you wanna go all high tech. garage band will let you record several tracks. all you have to do is record one complete chord progression on tempo and loop it to wherever. then do the same for all the other tracks.

for a live performance, hook up the laptop to a PA and play the tracks through, minus the one track that you want to play that night. or to save memory, just convert the file to an MP3, upload it to iPod, and hook that up to the PA and play along.

but if youre just using it to practice, same deal. just record the tracks. loop. then play till you got it.

that reminds me, i need to use my own advice more often. hahaha.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    if youve already got a macbook or any laptop with garageband or similar recording software, then you dont even need that pedal. even to play live, if you wanna go all high tech. garage band will let you record several tracks. all you have to do is record one complete chord progression on tempo and loop it to wherever. then do the same for all the other tracks.

for a live performance, hook up the laptop to a PA and play the tracks through, minus the one track that you want to play that night. or to save memory, just convert the file to an MP3, upload it to iPod, and hook that up to the PA and play along.

but if youre just using it to practice, same deal. just record the tracks. loop. then play till you got it.

that reminds me, i need to use my own advice more often. hahaha.
    Thanks Nuker...

Question: IF I do get the Boss Loop station....how do I hear what I have done? I don't think there is a speaker built in to the pedal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by UKESTAR View Post
    Thanks Nuker...

Question: IF I do get the Boss Loop station....how do I hear what I have done? I don't think there is a speaker built in to the pedal thing.
    its just like any other pedal. you plug your instrument into it, and another line is run from the pedal to an amp.

here's a vid of gabe bondoc using one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItD0Sghm94
    FFWD to about 1:35 and you'll see how he uses it to play live.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by NukeDOC View Post
    its just like any other pedal. you plug your instrument into it, and another line is run from the pedal to an amp.

here's a vid of gabe bondoc using one.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZItD0Sghm94
    FFWD to about 1:35 and you'll see how he uses it to play live.
    I can't view the video at work right now. I guess that I can press "play" on the loop station and it will play the music I have created thru the amp?

Thanks..

Thread Information