Mainland Cedar Bari vs. Mainland Mahogany Bari vs. Kala Spruce-Maple Bari

13down

Reaction score
I plan on buying one of the above 3 baris within the next 24 hours and I'd just like to hear people's opinions.

If anyone owns a Mainland cedar baritone, Mainland Mahogany Baritone, or a Kala spruce-topped, Maple back & sides baritone (or, by chance, all 3), I'd be very interested to hear about which is the most awesome of them, and which one has both the crispest, least-boomy lows and the clearest, least-muddy strums.

Maybe once I buy one of these, I'll get it together and sell my Macafferi Islander and my Pono MB so that I can actually pay for it, hah...

You selling a Pono mahogany baritone to buy one of these????????? May I ask why?

Same question as Phil.

And that Macaferri Islander wouldn't happen to be a baritone, would it?

Yes and yes

The Maccaferri Islander is a baritone indeed.

I'm selling both of them because, in short, neither of them seem to match the way I play. I initially thought there was something wrong with the Pono, but I came to realize that its sound is just not my cup of tea, and it would do better in the hands of someone else than it would just sitting there getting humidified in my closet.

Same question here, about selling and the buying. Are you sure it's not the way they are setup or the strings you're using? Both those baris are nice instruments.

Mainland and Kala are not known for their baritones.

I'd suggest to you a vintage low cost baritone on eBay or UU market. There's a vintage Favilla Bari on eBay now that looks sweet as molasses for two hundred ninety nine doll hairs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom