New Uke Day - Rapid fire UAS - KPK Concert

Macmuse

Reaction score
Turns out this is more like New Uke Week than New Uke Day at our house. Had to have a concert sized one. :)

The solid acacia is a bit heavier than I expected and a bit darker as well. But it sounds just great with the Worth clears that they sent on it.

After playing the lacewood soprano and the okoume and cherry tenors, I really like the size of the concert neck.

Attachments

• the-KPK-back.jpg
    the-KPK-back.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 47
  • havent-cleaned-up-strings-yet.jpg
    havent-cleaned-up-strings-yet.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 49
  • the-KPK.jpg
    the-KPK.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
I really loving mine! Becoming the main axe. Really great action, easy to play! Gotta get a MiSi in it now!!! Always something to spend money on.

Aloha and Congratulations....
Yup I have a KPK and it was one of my first ukes...Actually I bought several KPK ukes..and still play mine...my Deluxe had a richer woodsy tone while my regular basic one
was brighter....have fun and happy strumming...yes the are very comfortable and eay playability....I know one of the sellers too, he is a friend of my friend...woo hoo Your friend Stan

I have the concert cutaway standard model with ebony nut and saddle. A little heavy, but rings like a bell. Has aquilas on it (I think the ebony tames them) and I wouldn't change a thing. This one' a keeper.

I really loving mine! Becoming the main axe. Really great action, easy to play! Gotta get a MiSi in it now!!! Always something to spend money on.

That makes me happy to hear, man. Glad it went to a good home.

That makes me happy to hear, man. Glad it went to a good home.

Yes, I must admit I wasn't sure at first but had been used to hearing my red cedar pineapple with Fremonts on it... bright and loud!!! The KPK I thought was too quiet but that's not really true. And the sound is great, very Koa-ish. Love it. Definitely got a good home! And it's strange how much better it sounds when someone else is playing it. ;)

I have 2, a Standard Concert and a Deluxe Tenor. KPKs are a great bang for the buck. Both bought from Jason on ebay who has great customer service and a pleasure to deal with................

Okay all you KPK owners, which strings do you prefer on the acacia and why? It's been fascinating to me in switching strings on a couple just how big a difference they make.

Oh, and do you have the rosewood or did you opt for bone nut and saddle?

The Worth Clears were very nice but Living Water had an even clearer and sweeter belltone in the higher frets. I had the bone nut and saddle, btw.
Aquilas were the worst.

When I got the concert, it had Aquilas on it and an ebony nut and saddle. savagehenry played it also and we agree....wouldn't change a thing. Not sure if I'd be as happy with the Aquilas if it had a bone nut and saddle...never tried it, probably never will. Too happy with it the way it is.

The Worth Clears were very nice but Living Water had an even clearer and sweeter belltone in the higher frets. I had the bone nut and saddle, btw.
Aquilas were the worst.

Hi Brian, what strings did you ship that with? I assumed they are Worth Hard Tensions? They're still on there. Was thinking about the Worth CMs or LW next.

I just got one of these too! Sounds like the same as yours. I am loving mine as well. Worth Clears as well. Though I am going to swap the Low G out for a guitar string that Jason sent me to try. Looking for a bit more power and clarity on the Low G, like I have on my Ohana CK-50GS. Enjoy, I think they are beautifully made.

Hi Brian, what strings did you ship that with? I assumed they are Worth Hard Tensions? They're still on there. Was thinking about the Worth CMs or LW next.

D'Addario T2 Titanium. Only fluorocarbons I could get my hands on at a local music store.

I just got one of these too! Sounds like the same as yours. I am loving mine as well. Worth Clears as well. Though I am going to swap the Low G out for a guitar string that Jason sent me to try. Looking for a bit more power and clarity on the Low G, like I have on my Ohana CK-50GS. Enjoy, I think they are beautifully made.

The differences are mine isn't deluxe and I went with High G. :)

We have two Low G tenors to work with so I'm enjoying this one reentrant.

Top Bottom