::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, ADD! You're clearly no newbie, but we haven't met before. Nice to meet you!

Hi Rich. Nice to meet you too. I'm rarely on UU now; just check in every now and then. After much resistance, started using FB. If days were 48 hours long, maybe I could do both and still play ukulele. This PoHo thread totally confused me, trying to follow conversations. After meeting many PoHos at my first UWC in 2011, I'd rarely post, but would check just to see how everyone I knew was doing.

While I'm here, just a shout out to everyone I know - Hope to see you all at UWC. Miss you, look forward to seeing you and take care.

Bonita

Today I have planned to wash the two cars and Hoover an clean the insides too. Then I'm emptying out the didles bedroom ready for painting.

Hello and thanks. Might be a while. I know it's quite the distance but if you haven't made it to UWC yet, put it on your "must do soon" list.

Hi Bonita! ::Smiles and waves::

I'll see ya in a couple of weeks in Indy.

I doubt she will see this post.

Hence the ADD handle.

We had a light dusting of snow last night. Two days in a row. Yesterday's melted my noon. This has been one of the mildest winters that I can remember. I am not unhappy about that.

Dear Farmer Style Kids,

A few things:

1) My daddy is a cattle farmer too! So are a couple of we'uns them there uncles! How did yall git some of that there soybean money? My dad hasn't seen neither hide nor hair of that soybean check yall must be gettin! Man alive I would love me some of that free gubbermint money.
2) I swanee, y'all are talkin' my language!!! We'uns fellow Redneck Hicks yall!!!

3) For country boys, yall did pretty dag gone decent! Can yall let me in on the soybean secret?

fixt it fer yuh. *hic* and now, back to my jug.

We had a light dusting of snow last night. Two days in a row. Yesterday's melted my noon. This has been one of the mildest winters that I can remember. I am not unhappy about that.

We got it here in Klumbus, Uh-Hi_Yuh, too. Today will be cold enough that it will still be on the grass tomorrow. Right now, it's 15 degrees.

When I've had my coffee and it warms up a bit, I hope to do something different... record some video in between the furnace cycles... the heat is too loud for recording.

I'll have to think about the 0 to 7 on the C string slide at the beginning of the intro. I'm trying to get it, I think this recording is in G? I believe he played the baritone.

Code:
[CENTER]Ukulele Song
Arthur Godfrey[/CENTER]

Intro tab: Slide C0→C7 then C0 E0 A0 G0 C0 E0 A0

[Am7] Girl met a boy boy met a girl
Once u[Bbdim]pon a uku[G]lele
Boy couldn’t play GCEA on the lady’s uku[C]lele

Moonlit lagoons tropical tunes
How she [Bbdim] played her uku[G]lele
Though he could pet he couldn’t fret
On her pretty uku[C]lele

[C7] Stranger came by with a gleam in his eye
And [F] oh how he could [C7] wiki waki [F] woo [F] [E] [Eb]
[D] After a while they went marching down the aisle
[D7] Singing wiki waki we [G] do [G7]

Now the [C] boy’s gotten wise girls idolise
The way he [Bbdim] plays his uku[G]lele
Easy to see take it from me get yourself a uku[C]lele

Solo: [C] [Bbdim] [G] [C] [C] [Bbdim] [G] [C]

[C7] Stranger came by with a gleam in his eye
And [F] oh how he could [C7] wiki waki [F] woo [F] [E] [Eb]
[D] After a while they went marching down the aisle
[D7] Singing wiki waki we [G] do [G7]

Now the [C] boy’s gotten wise girls idolise
The way he [Bbdim] plays his uku[G]lele
Easy to see take it from me get yourself a uku[C]lele

[F] [E] [Eb] [D] run is played by sliding G5C5E5A8 down the neck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom