::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 14!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo hoo!

:D

First post!

In my case (but very likely not yours), I would want an iPad and OnSong, for sure. I'd like to streamline my songsheets, and have them in uniform formats....
I love both of them! I have been spending time organizing stuff on OnSong today.

TINKLE!!

There, marked it. Mine.

And here's the question I asked before the chapter closed, because I do want to get as much feedback as I can. I don't want to miss something stupidly obvious.

So, knowing I'm going to be leaving my job and ideally having less take-home pay due to lessened work hours, I've been striving to acquire everything I could possibly want/need uke-wise since the river of cash is going to dry up and be a creek. Don't want to be up the creek without a ukulele. (We don't need no stinking paddles. Unless they are Boat Paddle ukes.)

The lust hits every now and then (currently drooling over kamoa gray/black tiger stripe!) but overall I am very happy with my current instrument collection, and I have some books that will take me a couple of years to work through. I've got a few amps as well, of varying sizes.

Here's the question. If you were in a similar situation - using the stock up now mentality - what would you be after? (I sound like a doomsday prepper.)

Who moved the cheese?!!

mailman said:
In my case (but very likely not yours), I would want an iPad and OnSong, for sure. I'd like to streamline my songsheets, and have them in uniform formats....

NOOOOOOO!! Don't you know apples are evil?? If it weren't for apples, we'd all be strumming in Eden.

*sigh*

And here's the question I asked before the chapter closed, because I do want to get as much feedback as I can. I don't want to miss something stupidly obvious.

So, knowing I'm going to be leaving my job and ideally having less take-home pay due to lessened work hours, I've been striving to acquire everything I could possibly want/need uke-wise since the river of cash is going to dry up and be a creek. Don't want to be up the creek without a ukulele. (We don't need no stinking paddles. Unless they are Boat Paddle ukes.)

The lust hits every now and then (currently drooling over kamoa gray/black tiger stripe!) but overall I am very happy with my current instrument collection, and I have some books that will take me a couple of years to work through. I've got a few amps as well, of varying sizes.

Here's the question. If you were in a similar situation - using the stock up now mentality - what would you be after? (I sound like a doomsday prepper.)

Mainland Banjolele, Concert Flea/Fluke, Lanikai LU 21 Baritone, Koaloha tenor.

Songbooks, strings, maintenance apparatus, tuners... and this

http://www.etsy.com/listing/66301970/steampunk-ukulele-bass-20-scale

Where'd you go?!!

Anyhow, before you guys ditched me I was answering this post:

You know I'm a huge fan of the people behind Kamoa (Sam, his mom Georgianne and stepdad - can't remember his name right now) and I think they look great and some of them sound/play great . . . but for the most part, they are kind of "overbuilt" and expensive for what you get.

I know you're a fan of laminates . . . but I think in your situation I might venture out and get a K brand . . . just because. I know you could get a small stable of "others" for the price of the one and others will say in the hands of capable players a "Chinese" uke sounds great and they're almost as good.

They're not.

I have a shop withing half a mile of my house that carries all the K brands as well as Ohana, Kala, Nalu, Flea and Islander. They are not the same. I have Gryphon Stringed Instruments and Sylvan Music not too far away as well that carry the top ukes and some of the better "entry" ukes. They are not the same. As much as you like your Pinecone you will love a K brand, or a custom where you get to dictate the tone, the woods, and feel, etc. 10X more.

I would get a K-brand or a custom while the financial resources are there.

:2cents:

In addition to the previously mentioned iPad and On Song, I'd want a music stand, and iPad bracket for said stand, an acoustic amp with battery capability, and maybe a steel-strung uke bass. And, of course, a custom....;)

OK, my first post on the new thread. There!

In addition to the previously mentioned iPad and On Song, I'd want a music stand, and iPad bracket for said stand, an acoustic amp with battery capability, and maybe a steel-strung uke bass. And, of course, a custom....;)

I'm not sure a custom is what I'd really want, come to think of it. I think I could be very, very happy with a vintage Martin style 1 uke, either a concert size or a taropatch (or BOTH! ;)), outfitted with Gotoh UPT tuners....

Page one? Please?

YES!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom