PHD low G tenor strings?

tonet

Reaction score
Anyone tried these strings? Do you know the gauge of them? Thanks.

I use them. Not sure of the gauge. I didn't need to file the nut, if that is your concern. It is slightly bigger than a Worth Clear, I believe.

Do you like the sound and the feel?

Yes, they are nice strings. I don't have a favorite string, though. I am still trying different brands on my different ukes. The are nice fluorocarbon strings. Jason, the inventor, designed them using KoAloha ukes, so they sound extra nice on KoAlohas.

Try a set, they are between $8-10 depending on the source. That shouldn't break the bank. They last about 3 months of solid play, longer if you ply infrequently. They seem to settle in pretty quick.

I have tried: Worth Clear, Worth Brown, Aquila, Hilo, and Aquila so far. Up next- SouthCoast and trying LaBellas on a non-Pepe uke

I have not run into a "bad" string, though Hilo is my least favorite so far.

I like the sound and feel. Thanks for reminding me. I have my last set on right now. I just ordered two reentrant and two low G. I am currently playing a set of the low G. I am not sure the gauge, but I didn't have to mod anything.

They are currently on my KoAloha, and my second favorite on my Kanilea. They feel great, are reasonably priced, and are very bright and loud, with very good sustain.

Top Bottom