Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tell Me Not to Return This Uke! (Need Advice)

Its the kind of thing that not even box corporate music shops like selling. You paid a lot of money for this thing, it shouldn't have a twisted neck.
    Last edited by Plainsong; 02-08-2013 at 04:13 AM.

Kanile'a dlx super concert / Koaloha concert / Ohana sk-38 / Risa Uke Solid Tenor

@Apollostowel @RockingDodars The Rocking Dodar Blog Proud to be TIGER. A REAL Tiger. All-in all the freakin' time.

If you need me I'll be on twitter, google+ or r/ukulele

Ukes come with straight necks, this one didn't. Return it. Simple.

Return it post-haste.
    If everybody wanted peace instead of another TV, then there would be peace.
    -John Lennon-

This is an excellent reason to always install a graphite truss rod in the neck, it keeps thing stable.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBearUkes View Post
    This is an excellent reason to always install a graphite truss rod in the neck, it keeps thing stable.
    ? I thought you said the ukelele was fine?

Return it. I would return ukes far far far cheaper than this one for less.

Twisted neck - major fault.
    The GOT A UKULELE REVIEWS DATABASE!

www.gotaukulele.com - uke reviews, songs, tips & tricks for beginners!

Help Support Got A Ukulele!

Ukes include (!) Kanile'a K1 Tenor, Tinguitar custom solid tenor, Fluke, Flea, Kamaka HF-1, Koaloha KTM-00, Tinguitar Reclaimed Mahogany soprano

Yep, send it back and get ready to fall in love all over again.
    Kamaka 8-String | KoAloha Sceptre Tenor | Compass Rose Flamed-Maple Tenor | Goldtone Tenor Banjolele | Ken Timms Soprano Martin Style-O | Bruko Flat Soprano #6 | Sco Dart Jazzbox Uke | Tiki Surf Flea | Kala Cedar & Acacia Baritone
    Website | Youtube |

And keep us posted--whatever happened to this instrument (whether a mistake, bad wood or ?) shouldn't keep you from enjoying another LoPrinzi. If you contact Donna/Augie directly and tell them about your shattered dream (*after* getting your refund from the dealer), they might have something special for you without the long wait.
    http://www.ukuleletonya.com

Lucky owner of two MooreBettah tenors; don't ask about the ukuleles that burned in the Paradise fire, 2018--you'll just make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBearUkes View Post
    I am not saying he should not send it back if the twist bothers him, I am saying because the neck does have a slight twist, there may not be any problem with intonation and if there is it is an easy fix. I have encounter this problem with many older guitars and banjos in the past. This is a new uke and something happened, so send it back. Don't have a cow man!

There was a luthier in years past (can't remember his name) that actually made the neck with a very radical twist in it, claiming that is was actually easier to play because it suited the hand position better, especially with barr chords. It does work, but apparently people got too freaked out by it, much like the fan frets on some instruments.
    Not trying to steal the thread here, but I think it's funny that the "twisted neck" luthier be mentioned. His name is Leo Burrell. His shop was about a 15 minute drive from where I live, up until he retired. It should be noted that the twist in his neck was intentional and the entire guitar was twisted. Below is a link to the old shop website. I'm surprised it's still active. On it it has pics of the guitars. Should be quite interesting to some of you luthiers out there.

http://www.burrellguitars.com/index.html
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy
    10:32789

Quote Originally Posted by Tonya View Post
    And keep us posted--whatever happened to this instrument (whether a mistake, bad wood or ?) shouldn't keep you from enjoying another LoPrinzi. If you contact Donna/Augie directly and tell them about your shattered dream (*after* getting your refund from the dealer), they might have something special for you without the long wait.
    I'll post about what happens eventually--things are still being worked out as to a replacement uke vs. just a refund. The LoPrinzi is going to be shipped back tonight. I'm sad about it, really; the uke is absolutely beautiful. I hope it finds its real owner.

I thought getting a LoPrinzi from this particular seller was a no-brainer, and I couldn't go wrong with this decision. I don't want to post who the seller is--my situation is kind of unique, and it seems they were just trying to get a ukulele to me ASAP after they picked it up at NAMM. I guess I should have told them I'm not in a hurry! LOL
    Last edited by wayfarer75; 02-11-2013 at 08:07 AM.
    Laura

Haʻina ʻia mai ana ka puana

Thread Information