Song Help Request Marine Hymn tabs?

TG&Y

Reaction score
Howdy

I wondering if anyone has a line on the Marine Hymn tabbed?
There's a Vietnam era Lima33 combat vet I'd like to be able to play it for. This version is really nice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOpOy10Nnxg

Particularly like the finger picking that begins around 1:24. Would like to work at something similar. Not a finger picker - yet.

Thanks

Sorry, I do not have the ability to create a full tab, but if it's any help, the player in the video is tuned up a whole step to D. You can play it in C. You just won't be able to play along with the video.

Pick out the melody using the chords D(He uses a D7 before the G), A and G. I know this is not the full fingerpicking, but here is the basic melody. I hope it's helpful.

x2xx xx2x 2220 2220 0200 0200 2220 xxx5 2220 xx2x xx3x 2220 2220 213x xx0x x2xx (repeat line) after repeat 2020
xxx5 xxx4 0232 xx3x 0232 xx3x 2220 xx2x 2220
xxx5 xxx4 0232 xx3x 0232 xxx5 2220

Still new to this, to tune to D I'll need strings specifically for that, correct? I gave it a feeler and backed off way short of getting there with standard GCEA strings for fear of snapping the string. A capo on the second fret gets me to D but wondering about how you tune to D. Different strings, right?

I keep one soprano in D.

I just tune up a whole step. No special strings. My Martin SO has been that way for years. I've also tuned inexpensive ukes up to D and had no problems. I do keep an eye on the bridge to make sure the extra tension doesn't start to pull it up.

Top Bottom