Season 52: and now for something completely different...

Ha,Ha, c'est mignon! There is actually a band called Apocalyptica that arranges Met for 4 celli.
Can someone send me by mail the tablature book of "Metallica goes to classical" ???
Thanks ;-)
(or if not available, "Metalliclassical" will be ok too...)
;-)))

Garage Days is the only Metallica CD I ever bought.
Fair warning, Cousin David, my solo fuzztone ukulele bass version of Last Caress is already in the can.

I recorded it based on the the thread title alone before I read the rules or any posts.
I considered a soft acoustic version, but chickened out.
Hahaha- I knew someone would do that one the minute the question was answered- glad it was you. I do have a ballad version of it I do...but given my job, best not to throw it on Youtube. OK- the Misfits covers are yours, and I want to see "Green Hell" as well. I have another one in mind :)

Edited after working up my tune and watching Alan's video. Decaturcomp- I love you man.

Last edited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOPdhxTOnHM&list=UUa57R-HT-UlbHxQ0i2hy7yw&index=2

Good choice. I had forgotten Metallica had covered this one.

It's best in a packed room with everyone in the room joining in the chorus at the top if their voices. Done that a few times. Gives you a real buzz.

My daughter was really excited about this season's theme and said she wanted to pick the song for me to do, and she picked "King Nothing." I am not at all familiar with Metallica's music, but I was willing to give it a go, so here we are (with an appearance of my dog, Bailey, in the background, and a couple of well-timed barks):

Happy 1st Birthday to the seasons and thank you Chritian for conceiving this wonderful baby, i have made many friends through the seasons and discovered many new artists and songs, thank you all for your encouragement and support I love you all :)
I love Metallica well i did when i was a young un but i dont have the skills to play there music so i have also done the thin lizzy classic and in tribute to Christian I finally did a recording in my car before the snow started falling :) long live the Seasons.

Last edited:
Christian- first, thank you for this. I chickened out at first, but truly this has been the greatest year of my life. I have made lots of great friends, learned lots of great songs, and I am kind of emotional that year one has come and gone-looking forward to year two.
Another tribute to Phil Lynott rather than Metallica, because great minds think alike. Daveey and Alan- wish we were playing this one together.
It is with great pleasure I offer mine up as well

Bloody brilliant- bunch of ukes covering the band that made cover bands, jukeboxes, and playing CDS in public illegal. Not sure if that was intentional, but it is inspired.

That's right, you guys are awesome, have not seen this much uisge since I have been to my sister in law's house and her husband is Irish.

....hic...it's just as .. well ..hic.. I enjoy a lit(hic)tle.. whisky.......hic........"burp" ....

We can never have enough Whiskey....
Do it anyway - we've had plenty of whisky.
It was the first one I found that I thought I could manage.
God love him- jar raised to all my mates doing the same song over and over :)
That's right, you guys are awesome, have not seen this much uisge since I have been to my sister in law's house and her husband is Irish.

Last edited:
ohmigod ohmigod ohmigod.... I am a metalhead from waay back. Remembering back to 1985 and the smoking section at Los Gatos High School, where the biggest debate of the day was "Is Metallica better than Led Zeppelin?" It was a conflict of old versus new, and new won.

What to choose... what to choose...

Top Bottom