Do You Still Own your 1st Uke?

Paul December

Reaction score
Many better ukes have come-and-gone, but I still own the one that got me started :)
My wife got if for me as part of a birthday gift. I didn't want anything too expensive in case I gave-up on playing :eek:
I still play it on a regular basis, especially during the dry Chicago winters because I don't need to baby it. With Fremont strings, it still sounds surprisingly good :eek:
Pineapple.jpg

No. It was a Lanikai NK-C concert. I saw no need for it after getting a 40s Martin Tenor and a KoAloha Pineapple Sunday within 6 months.

Yes I do...my first one that was not borrowed from Dad is my HF-2L...which I absolutely love...and was thinking about getting a second one so that both of my kids will have one! Same with the HF-3L!

Last edited:
1920's Columbia Hawaiian given to me by my wife's grandmother in 2000.

Yes, I do. My beloved, but badly broken, Lyon & Healy Camp Uke is now my favorite decoration in the house.

Yes and no. My overpriced Leolani that I bought in Kauai is being played by my best friend "on loan".

I still own my first ukulele, a Kala solid mahogany concert, but I've moved away from concerts and don't really play it any more. I no longer own my second ukulele, a Kala solid acacia tenor I bought from MGM when he was on eBay. I sold that ukulele to a friend in one of my ukulele classes, so I at least get to see it often.

001.jpg

yep, blue mahalo. 20 bucks. bought it mid 2006. still play it all the time. :)

No. It was a Lanikai concert and so badly set-up that I stopped playing. I came back a year later with an MGM set up pink Dolphin and--well...

attachment.php

..still have it.

Yes . . . Kamaka HF-3.

Technically my second uke as I bought a Kamoa mahogany pineapple the day before . . . but that's why I went back to get the Kamaka. I still have both.

my first ukulele is sitting here now on the floor staring up at me with it's one eye and lifting frets. a koloa ku600/silver creek soprano.

it keeps my front door from slamming in the wind. it's a doorstop.

Yes, a 1950's Roy Smeck with a plastic fret board.
My Grandmother bought it for me.

Yes, an Epiphone Les Paul restrung with Martin clears, which I still adore.

Sure do. Long story. It is embedded in the link in my signature area.

No but see it almost daily. It was a Makala tenor and several years ago, I gave it to a co-worker to keep/learn on.

I still have my first uke, a Kohala(Lanikai) concert from the Costco in Hawaii Kai. $100 with a tuner and gig bag. Even though it's my beater uke, I don't think I'll ever part with it.

No, it was a Dolphin which needed a lot of work. After a lot of tweaking I was finally satisfied and gave it to my son.

Top Bottom