Do You Still Own your 1st Uke?

Yes, and still playing it every day. Nothing super fancy Aria AU120 but it has traveled the high seas and gone ice climbing and many many other adventures. It will certainly be doing a lot more adventuring if fate is kind to us.

The first uke I played was my Dad's, probably a 1940's Martin. He guarded it very carefully, but finally allowed us kids to play it, at first under close supervision. He relaxed a bit, and it sort of became mine after I showed more interest than my other siblings. I can't remember how, but it somehow got subjected to a little rough housing, and was damaged pretty badly. He tried glueing it back, but it was never the same. I wish I had it now, damage and all.

I still have my Kala concert solid top (cedar) koa laminate and i still play it on occasion.

Here you go Paul.
002-7.jpg

:) Looks great!

yeas, it is an OS OU-2 that I have done a custom paint job to and super heavy strings. it did me well for a long time. fun uke to play, might have to give it away at some point.

Yes....Kamaka HF-3
Bought it while on vacation in Maui!!

NOPE !

It was a Lanakai LU21CE . One day I ran into a cousin of mine inadverdantly that I had not seen in 25 years . I stepped through the door of a music store and spoke to the guys at the counter then stepped into the acoustic instrument room . My cousin was at the counter with his back to me and recognized my voice after not seeing me for all that time .

He stepped into the acoustics room and got right in my face while I was plinking on a uke and said , " I bet you don't know who I am do you " ? But of course I did . He said he had been thinking about a uke so I layed my first uke on him as a gift . It's in good hands . He's a professional promoter with strong ties to to Nashville, Muscle Shoals and Branson music communites .

But I have all the rest of them...........

Yes, it is now my office uke I still pick it up most days.

Yes. It's a KPK that I play every day. I'm sure I will always keep it.

Yes I do. A RISA mahogony soprano bought years ago from Ukulele World. I always enjoy playing it. Small, good tone and stays in tune remarkably well.

I have mine which was appraised at faaaar more than it cost 45 years ago. It was 40 years old when I got it for $40.00 . I also have her first ukulele. she was 5 in '55 when her mother gave it to her. It is a solid wood soprano. It plays well and sounds good. There are no marking or distinguishing feature, other than just its age.

I'll always have my first uke, my concert Pineapple Flea. His name is Pete.
-joe

Yes I do, I have (so far) kept all the ukuleles I have acquired. My first one was a Lanikai LU-21T, which is now my autograph ukulele, I have some good ones on there like Eddie Kamae, Rev. Dennis Kamakahi, Ohta-san, Weldon Kekauoha, Kuana Torres Kahele, George Kahumoku, Ledward Ka`apana, Aldrine Guerrero...
I need to check again, I know I have a few more on there.

Yes - my Mahalo Soprano.

Bought by my wife as a Christmas present (probably the single best present I've ever been given!).

It's now devoid of it's electrics, has Aquilas fitted (for now), has had the frets dressed and action lowered (by me - learning as I go) and is waiting on a major cosmetic overhaul - but it will never get sold, as I actually think it's improving in tone day by day (or maybe that's just me that's getting better?).

It also goes everywhere with me ........ how sad am I? :D

Yes, it's my only uke (well, for now). Next one is coming... soon, I hope.

Top Bottom