Do You Still Own your 1st Uke?

No. Mine was a $50 Lanikai, and I gave it to my sister last Christmas.

Yes, I do. It's a Cordoba Donavon Frankenreiter signature model tenor with a solid mahogany top that I won in a drawing and started me on my uke journey. I'm up to eight ukes now and at some point in the future may need to thin the herd, but I don't think I'll ever part with this one.

Sentimental reasons aside, it's a great player and usually my go-to uke for reentrant. :)

Yes I do.It is a Lanikai CKC concert.Got it 8 years ago on my first trip to Hawaii.I still play it regularly,but I mostly play my Kanilea tenor and soprano,although I must say the past 3 weeks I have been playing more with my snow blower and shovels.LOL

yes, it is a Kala basic laminate tenor. I've bought several others, and they all ended up with other members of the family, or given to other friends, and in one case only, traded in for something else.

In order to get this back from my daughter, i had to trade her a nice spyderco knife. She still has the Anuenue Papa Long neck soprano.

So low G with Southcoast strings, this will be my only Uke for a while. And now that I have it again, I don't plan to let it go.

I hope to upgrade someday maybe, but a nice hard case is first, and there are other things to get too.

My first uke was an el-cheapo soprano that I got for $20 at Long and McQuade. I returned it the next day and got a Kala KA-TE instead. That stayed with me for a year, then I sold it. I regret selling it now :(

No, I ask my friend to draw something on my first uke Koyama C12. she love this uke, and I sold it to her to let her start her uke life.

I played (and abused) mine to death. It was my tour companion for a number of years...and as such it was subjected to its fair share of mishaps. It was entry level Samick. I still own parts of it. After I deemed it unplayable and not worth fixing, I destroyed it for parts. So...I kind of still have it in several different places. :)

Yes, technically. I loaned it to my buddy a few years back, but I can get it back whenever I want to. I think. *gulp*

Still got it. A Mahalo UT-1, with broken electrics.

Top Bottom