Seasons of the Uke End of the Year Something?

austin1

Reaction score
Hey all!

So I was thinking, now that we've successfully (as of Sunday) made it through a whole year of the seasons, did we want to celebrate in some way? Like the UU Undies, only season-specific? Maybe we could pick categories and everyone could nominate their favorite videos from the year/vote on them, and the winners get certificates or small prizes if anyone's willing to dish them out.

I dunno, I think it could be fun. What do you guys think?

Sounds good,
What other categories could there be?
here are some at the top of my head.

Most funniest Video.
Most excellant host/Hostess.
Aloha winner of the year
MVP
Bonus maniac of the year

I'm sure there are a few more maybe need have about 10-15 ideas.
:D

Maybe not MVP because we're all valuable, but how about

Most regular contributor (highest number of Seasons entered)
Most heartfelt performance
Most noticeable improvement over the weeks

Can I be the sorest loser of the year?

best original song
Funniest original song
Most moving original song
Catchiest original song.... etc

Er... this suggestion wouldn't be because "Barbablanca" usually only enters original songs, would it? :rolleyes: ;)

I think this is a good idea -- especially as the UUndies seem to have stalled this year.

I think a year-end round up like this works best with all manner of categories represented, from the classic competition-style like Tina's suggestions, to the sillier ones, like Drew's, and the classic superlative-style like Ginny's.

Plus an original or two for Berni ;)

My only win this year was when TCW threw a knife and hit my name, for which I'm very grateful. My name is now just held together with duct tape, though.

Likewise, I only 'won' through a random drawing of names (thanks Nongdam family!). However I've learned and grown and had more fun that should be allowed so:
a) I've actually won every season I've entered and
2) Like TCK says, for me "They're all bonuses, I'm just here to play!"
Thanks everybody and especially for the folks who have run the seasons in the last year. Each one I've been in on has been a blast. Every Sunday is like Christmas because there's a new idea to play with for a whole week.

Love to all of you folks from Alan

The only thing I've won in this whole Seasons shebang is encouragement, companionship, email friends, amusement, song ideas, playing tips, and musical knowledge. Not even a Snark tuner. Just nothing.

The only thing I've won in this whole Seasons shebang is encouragement, companionship, email friends, amusement, song ideas, playing tips, and musical knowledge. Not even a Snark tuner. Just nothing.
So true Ginny!...Even though I don't have time to participate often, I do love the Seasons....and learn so much....wish I could do it more often because it's a great, fun, learning experience....

This is a cool idea! The seasons have brought Saskia and me so much!
Although work and parenting and playing Ubass in theatre have been taking away time to create entries for the last couple of weeks, I look forward to each new season and amazed by how amazingly diverse and filled with creativity the one before ends.
Viva les Seasonistas!

.....:).....

I know:
who wins the most Zombie-est sounding video!
And who wins the cute dancing daughter videos.
And who wins the cute ukulele playing granddaughter videos.
And who wins the bluest ukulele videos.
And who wins the best duet using a xylophone.
And the best duet with a U-Bass.
And the best use of a mechanical monkey video.
And the best video with Kiss make up.

Hmmm, help me out here.

Yep- what she said.
They're all bonuses, I'm just here to play,
Bless you all, winners everyone. Thanks for entertaining me.

Last edited:
Top Bottom