In Loving Memory of my Mother

Mike-on-Uke

Reaction score

This is a song I wrote for my Mother who passed away at the age of 77 on January 31, 2013 after a long battle with cancer. She was an Amazing woman that was loved by all and she will be greatly missed. I will cherish my memories of her and the blessing of being her son.

Really beautiful.

Hi Mike, really beautiful. I lost my mom Jan 26th very suddenly so although she didn't suffer I am BC I never got to say goodbye - same with my dad. I just bought a Kamaka tenor in her honor and hope to put some of my thoughts into song. I'm sorry for your loss, I know I'm sorry for mine......

Porridge Face, itsme and BigSkyUkuleleGirl- Thanks for the kind words. BigSky-I'm sorry for your sudden lose of both parents. I got a Kamaka HF-3 a year ago and you will love yours when you get it. Putting your thoughts to song is really great therapy. I hope you can find peace in the process. I'd like to hear the song when you finish it. Blessings to you!

Very beautiful and interesting. It remember me my grand mom's happy memories. She was very caring to me and I was attach to her. She thought to me an share stories.

Last edited:
Thank You, Fryderyk. I'm glad this video brought back fond memories for you.

Aloha Mike,
So sorry for the loss of your mother...and a great tribute song, I was not that fortunate...My mom passed away when I was 13...you are fortunate to have
her alot longer than I had my mother...that gal(your sister brown button down blouse) has a Karen Carpenter like voice...here is a song for you mother,
May She RIP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpskHHm67d0 http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/k/kelly_family/angels_flying_crd.htm
here are the chords for Flying with Angels by Na Leo Pilimuhana...hope you enjoy..
Csus-pension) UKULELE
While holding the C chord, just cover the E string on the first fret with index finger as well, then strum... that's Csus.

Flying With Angels

First Verse:
(F)Where are you (Am)going, (Bb)inside your (F)mind
(Bb)I guess We're(F)always living(Gm)on borrowed (Csus)time(C)
(F)Yes I will be(Am)there, (Bb)to old yorur(F)hand
(Bb)Just close your(F)eyes and sleep, (Gm)I'll under(Csus)stand(C)

Chorus:
(F)You're flying with (Gm)angels(Am)above us(D)all
and I'll(Gm)be there to catch yoif you(F)fall Am, Bb, Csus, C

Second Verse:
(F)If others leave(Am)you, (Bb)you know I'll(F) stay or ( be there)
(Bb)My Dreams will(F)whisper to you (Gm)and guide(Csus)your(F)way(C)
(F)so sleep my (Am)Darling, (Bb)one kiss good(F)night
(Bb)Another song(F)awaits you, (Gm)with the rising (Csus)Light(C)

Chorus:
(F)You're flying with (Gm)angels(Am)above us(D)all
and I'll(Gm)be there to catch yoif you(F)fall Am, Bb, Csus, C

I hope you enjoy....have a nice night...Your friend, Stan....let me know how it works out

Last edited:
Mike,

Very sad to hear about the loss of your mother & also BigSkyUkeGirl's mom.

My Dad passed away at 8:00 AM Christmas morning this year from a bad heart valve (the doctors' couldn't repair it), so I know how you feel. He had a wonderful 90 years & I was fortunate to be with him at hospice to keep him company until he passed.

Matt

That song is really lovely. I'm so sorry about the loss of your mom.

Lots of loss in this thread. Peace to all of you and your families.

teruterubouzu and guitharsis-Thanks for the compliment and sympathy. gtomatt- Sorry for your loss. Hospice would come and check on my Mom... What an AMAZING organization! They must recruit from Heaven:) mm stan- Thanks for the beautiful song!

Last edited:
Thanks Ric... She has always been a STAR in my book!

Top Bottom