"Near North" group for Barrie, Ontario, Canada and area

yukemonk

Reaction score
I'm new to UU, and new to ukes.

The only groups "local" to me are the Corktown Ukulele Jam and Orangeville monthly group. I am not able to make the Wednesday nights in Toronto and both are a long drive for me.

I'm hoping there are others interested in forming a "Near North" (central ontario) group in the Barrie, Ontario, Canada area for learning & jamming.

Areas we could draw from: Huntsville, Bracebridge, Midland, Hillsdale, Elmdale, Minesing, Orillia, Hawkestone, Midhurst, Barrie, Innisfil, Lefroy, Alliston, Thornton, Cookstown, Beeton, Bradford, Sharon, Newmarket.

If I've missed your area and it's within reasonable driving distance (not Toronto, Peterborough or Orangeville area), add it to this list so others might find this thread.

Hi, I am looking for Hawaiian type or ukulele music for a seniors home in barrie. Even if you can only play one or two songs we can do some Hawaiian type activities before or after you play to make it a 60 minute program. Do you know contact info for the group in cooks town if you are not interested? Thanks ~
jwoll@millcreekcarecentre.ca

I'm new to UU, and new to ukes.

The only groups "local" to me are the Corktown Ukulele Jam and Orangeville monthly group. I am not able to make the Wednesday nights in Toronto and both are a long drive for me.

I'm hoping there are others interested in forming a "Near North" (central ontario) group in the Barrie, Ontario, Canada area for learning & jamming.

Areas we could draw from: Huntsville, Bracebridge, Midland, Hillsdale, Elmdale, Minesing, Orillia, Hawkestone, Midhurst, Barrie, Innisfil, Lefroy, Alliston, Thornton, Cookstown, Beeton, Bradford, Sharon, Newmarket.

If I've missed your area and it's within reasonable driving distance (not Toronto, Peterborough or Orangeville area), add it to this list so others might find this thread.

Has anyone started a ukulele get together in Barrie? I used to be a member of Corktown Ukulele until it got too crowded and couldn't get a seat and then moved to Barrie, I would be interested in starting a group here!

Hi!

I would be interested in joining a Ukelele group in the Barrie area, May thru October. We're snowbirds and spend our winters in Arizona. Looking for other Ukelele players to have some fun with.

Thanks
Cathy

Hi, also live in the Barrie area, I am a percussionist and also used run native flute circles in Barrie, but now would like to explore the uke world and would be interested in any ukulele groups in the area

take care, Rick

I'm reviving this old thread as I live in Barrie and am wondering if there are others in the area with an interest in learning/jamming.

Top Bottom