The Six Pointer

A guy in Australia who builds 7 string bass guitars asked me if I could make him a 7 point gauge ... And here it is ...This is the last gauge i'll be making for a while this year but there are a few 6 & 4 pointers still up for sale on fleabay.

Could he possibly be referring to varying the spacing to account for string diameter? Not sure but I am guessing that is what he is talking about.

I just received an email question from a guy ... Does this do graduated spacing :confused:...anybody know what he means ?

Some people slightly move the bass strings over, as they feel center to center spacing crowds the bass side of the strings.

In 13 years of making, I've only ever done center to center with no complaints.

Mrs T and I have spent the weekend and today making these gauges..we made a whole bunch of e'm 4 point and 6 point and every one has been sold.
It looks as if the ukulele department is going to be phased out in the near future.;)

Mrs T and I have spent the weekend and today making these gauges..we made a whole bunch of e'm 4 point and 6 point and every one has been sold.

ro86yUd.png

Pay attention to Beau. He is pointing you in the right direction.

I've been searching the web looking for centre line gauges..this 3 pointer idea of Beau's is so obvious that it must have been done before, but I can't find one .. the nearest is this device below...Did you know that the pedals and crank method of turning a wheel ie: bicycle pedals wasnt invented untill late in the 19th century, from the 10th century onwards they had been using treadles.

Top Bottom