The Six Pointer

You can't find one anywhere Ken because it's a silly idea IMO. Maybe I'm missing something but how hard is it to measure something metrically and divide by two? The 4 pointer and 6 pointer are valuable because you are measuring in the middle of the field. As I said, I'm probably not understanding the problem.

Last edited:
Can't you use a 4 pointer and ignore the 4th pointer?
h

h

I'm more tempted to get the 6 pointer; seems to be more versatile. Why not skip the points not needed?

Is there an advantage to using a 4-pointer for four strings, or a 3-pointer for three? Bulk, balance, mass; form, fit, or function-wise?

of course you can ;)

Not if the goal is to mark the center of a bridge, for example. The four-pointer isn't wide enough.

My shop is full of jigs, gadgets and contraptions that do just one thing. A three-pointer would get more use than a lot of them.

h
I believe Beau's main point when requesting a 3 pointer was for a more "robust" version that would take a little more abuse being out on the bench on a regular basis. I keep my 4 pointer tucked away safely when not in use as well.

My reason for wanting a 3 pointer is because my 4 and 6 pointers are tucked safely away in a draw so they dont get damaged.

I want a cheaper 3 pointer that I can leave on the bench like a simple 6" ruler to be grabed and used quickly.

Top Bottom