Peter Case Workshop at Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto CA

mds725

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Gryphon Stringed Instruments is Palo Alto states on its website that Peter Case is bringing "the songwriter's workshop he founded at the world-famous McCabe's Guitar Shop in Santa Monica directly to musicians [at] Gryphon Stringed Instruments in Palo Alto for a special one day workshop on Saturday, March 2." Here's a link to Gryphon's workshop page. I've just begun trying my hand at songwriting, and I was wondering if anyone has taken a songwriting workshop with Peter and had any thoughts about whether it's worth doing. Thanks in advance!

no Mark, but the guy is an unbelievable songwriter. I have several of his albums and the melodies are haunting, lyrics striaght from the top shelf, his voice is like gravel with honey tipped on it, and listening to his music is an intensely visceral experience. I am beyond jealous of your opportunity.

Thanks, Jon! I was up to my neck in work deadlines today, but I'm going to look for him on YouTube later this week. I was hoping some of our SoCal UU friends had heard more about his workshops and would weigh in, but his credentials are super and I may just roll the dice and take the worksshop anyway. I think most of the attendees will be guitarists, but the workshop is open to anyone with a "portable" instrument.

Originally Posted by musicstudent
Hey, I'm a music student at the University at Buffalo. And I need to find someone who could teach me songwriting. I could also hireessaywriter to check my songs, but I need to practice more. Where can I look for the courses/classes in Palo Alto? What are the prices for students? The reference to the above workshop is not working for me.

Luke

Hello Luke,
Last year Peter Case’s Songwriting Workshop cost $75. I'm not sure about the current prices. You may check the group lessons, private lessons and One-Day Workshops here:
https://www.gryphonstrings.com/lessons-landing/

Top Bottom