Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 54 of the Ukulele

Default Season 54 of the Ukulele

And away we go!
    Just got back from Raptor handling class and I am ready to host away on Season 54- this one is for the birds!
    OK- here this is:

For those of you who like readin' better than watchin', here it is in text:
    Season 54 of the Ukulele
    Play me a song about BIRDS! Birds literally, birds metaphorically (a song about flight, but not human flight for instance)...any kind of birds.

RULES
    First- Three Little Birds is off limits- way to easy. It can be a bonus, not an entry.
    Second- Multi-tracking is not allowed in entries.
    Third- Ukulele Front and Center
    Fourth-Mention or title your video as an entry or bonus to the 54th season of the Ukulele.
    Fifth- season ends midnight March 3rd, Hawaii time.

I encourage duets, bonuses and general silliness.

BONUS POINTS
    My favorite bird song(s)- 3 points (you will have to guess, there are two tied for the spot)
    We used to dress up for these-it was really fun (funny)- dress up like a bird, 2 points
    Newbie? DO IT- 1 point

PRIZES
    For Prizes, I am going to sponsor, for one year, one of our resident raptors at Sonoma County Bird Rescue in your name. You get a nice glossy picture of a beautiful bird and a thank you letter, I get to smile a lot. These birds cannot be released into the wild, so we care for and handle them, entertain them, and use them to educate the public.
    1st Place- Red-tailed Hawk. You get to sponsor Phoenix, a beautiful one eyed lass that makes my day every time I see her.
    2nd Place- Great Horned Owl. Veehar- the first owl I ever handled, after 20 years of talking about it.
    3rd Place- Barn Owl. Garbo- my medicine. She makes me calm with just a look. One of the coolest creatures I have ever met.

JUDGES
    Me, Melissa, and the newest family member to take up the Uke, my sister. Many of you already introduced yourselves over on the "I'm New" thread to Angela (ajlm). She is pretty jazzed to meet you all and listen to what it is we do every week.

Righto- looking forward to a fantastic Season here folks. Thanks in advance for entertaining me.
    The Cloverdale Kid

Season 54 playlist
    Bonus Playlist
    Last edited by TCK; 02-23-2013 at 08:32 PM.

Chicken Little?

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Do angels count?
    Cheers,
    Christian
    Can somebody save me from running my mouth, please?

Quote Originally Posted by chrimess View Post
    Do angels count?
    Metaphorical birds meaning something about flight, which would be a stretch.If I let Angels in, then I have to let all winged creatures in, and then we have a whole different week. Going to have to say birds are birds.

Does Freebird count? <G, D, & RLH>

John
    I'm not entirely convinced that it is possible to polish a turd. However, if one were to accomplish that feat one would still have a turd, and one all the more noticeable for being shiny.

Check out my ukulele-themed "stuff" at http://www.cafepress.com/fivebyfiveukulele - proceeds go to a good cause...UAS treatment!

Quote Originally Posted by OldePhart View Post
    Does Freebird count? <G, D, & RLH>

John
    HAHAHA- How could it not? Lighter in the air already! Had to look up G,D, and RLH

Excellent Theme!

So I had an inspired guess for the three-pointer favorite, trouble is, it's been done. By Gus and Finn. Seems like a waste of YT bandwidth to even try to top this.

Searching the skies for more...

Haha- You are so right Peewee...there are very few I am not foolish enough to at least try, that is on the list. Absolutely amazing video right there. Not my favorite bird song, certainly my favorite duet in all of Ukuleledom.

Haaa-haaa - I had forgotten about that GUGUG video! Those guys were one of about three or four YouTube artists that influenced me to buy my first uke.

John

They were the reason I ever played mine...so awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by OldePhart View Post
    Haaa-haaa - I had forgotten about that GUGUG video! Those guys were one of about three or four YouTube artists that influenced me to buy my first uke.

John

Thread Information