Season 54 of the Ukulele

couldn't even watch it? my computer looks for an app to play it, real player wouldn't?

Click on the link, then go to the address bar and delete the "m." at the beginning of the address and press enter. It should take you to the video on the main You Tube site.

Last edited:
I was going to do this but I found I had already uploaded it last September, probably for an earlier season, so I post it here as a bonus and I'll now have to think of another song.

Sorry for the link confusion, did deleting the "m" work?

Did for me. Don't forget to remove the dot after the "m" as well. The "m." indicates the You Tube mobile site which I hate. My tablet takes me to it and I don't find it particularly user friendly.

Try editing your post to remove the "m." from your link address. That should be helpful to others.

Cheers

Geoff

PS Just realised that Strumsilly and Xommen have done it for you. Cheers G.

Last edited:
sorry to hijack the thread. If anyone hasn't voted in the end of the year extravaganza, could I ask you to take a minute and please do so? We've got a pretty epic eight-way tie in one category that could use some resolving.

Did for me. Don't forget to remove the dot after the "m" as well. The "m." indicates the You Tube mobile site which I hate. My tablet takes me to it and I don't find it particularly user friendly.

Try editing your post to remove the "m." from your link address. That should be helpful to others.

Cheers

Geoff

PS Just realised that Strumsilly and Xommen have done it for you. Cheers G.
deleted the double, glad we got that squared away. here's to a great start to a great week. I might do Three Little Birds to be annoying. now where did leave my dreds?

Wow! This crew does not sleep! In any event, what a wonderful bit of music to wake up too :)
Please make sure I have not completely knackered the Playlists as we go, and here come the comments barrage for ya:
OK here is my silly bonus complete with low budget chicken-man headdress and toilet roll kazoo.
Wee- I assure you, there is nothing better than your first cup of coffee as this comes on. Thanks for that laugh right away today!
Two bonus... (in very different style) just for fun, I have to think of something new... But not find yet...next video in following post...
So here is another one
Oh I do have another one about birds : Chantemerle means sing blackbird. It is an old traditional from France.
Nearly impossible to figure out which of these I like best, all of them so beautifully executed. Probably going to dig up the sheets for Chantemerle this week though...outstanding playing!
:D woke up to a brand new week and a fab challenge many thanks Dave and hello to your sis and i love the prizes , a noble and great thing to do, i sponsored a whale when i lived in Australia.
Have a couple of birds up my sleeve (tunes, im not a magician) i could do a very lame version of freebird as im a massive skynrd fan, but now off to research and find a chicken costume lol
looking forward to this week :)

And here is a little bonus from me back from week 31 a song all about a Robin :)
Great little tune there Daveey- glad to have you on board. Someone has to do Freebird- Mate as well go with it mate! Oh yeah, and I will do any song you tell me for the next three weeks if you are wearing a chicken outfit- what a saucy fellow!
OK an obscure bonus - Hoot's Lullaby. Hoot is an owl character in an evening kids show. When the kids go to sleep Hoot heads out on his night call.
My version done for my 1 year old grandson who loves the Giggle and Hoot show.
What a great little song this is! Would love to learn it for when we do kids events with our Great Horned Owls- any chance you could PM the chords?
My Entry: Fly like an Eagle by Steve Miller Band.
...I started this as being my entry but then thought about Fly like an Eagle, so this is a Bonus Bird on a Wire by Leonard Cohen.
Love that someone tackled the Steve Miller, well done Wim. Of course, Bird On A Wire is in my top five bird songs, and you did a fantastic job on it as well.
Here's my entry. Was going to do the Beatles'" Blackbird", but that was such an obvious choice, probably 10 people will do it, SO, I did one I'd never heard[I'm sure it sounds like it] "Talking Bird" by Death Cab for Cutie. I know I said for the 53rd season, but I meant 54th , honest.Like the bird, I too get confused.
No worries mate- I tend to get confused quite a bit too. This is a great song (hadn't heard it either) and you certainly made it sound like you had known it for a while. Nicely done.
This is about to get awkward..
I did this because its one of my favourite songs ever, joint first favourite Beatles song ever (The other is Back in the USSR)
I don't it justice, but I really enjoyed kind of learning how to play it - it was the only song I wanted to do when I read the awesome theme. My back up was going to be Kate Nash - Birds but my strumming is not able to make a two chord song interesting, maybe I'll try it for a bonus.
Thanks everyone :3
Definitely a classic choice here, and good on ya putting it out there! As for strumming two chords and making it interesting- do it! Here we have a collection of folks who have figured out how to do that by frantically playing as many songs for a theme as they can every week...glad to have you joining us
I was going to do this but I found I had already uploaded it last September, probably for an earlier season, so I post it here as a bonus and I'll now have to think of another song.
Oh I am sure there are quite a few in you encyclopedic musical database (brain) Tootler, but for now...Oh how I love this one. Excellent.

And now we break from our regularly scheduled program for my favorite version of Surfin' Bird.
Not because it is good. It is not at all good.
Because Iggy Pop is the drummer.

Wow, I'm paranoid someone's going to do my song before I get home and record :O
I have a back up but it is not as good :)
Liam, even if someone does it first, just do it - it happens to all of us! And every version turns out different! I agree it's nice to get your entry in first, but you can't always! Do your song, in your own time.... :)

What a great topic this week. So many possible choices. Winter has finally arrived in Illinois and the ground is covered with snow. I have 5 bird feeders set up in view of our living room picture window. Each feeder is a different type and has a separate food.
We have a millet feeder that only light weight birds can eat from, a heavy bird like a starling will close the seed chutes. Very popular with finches and other small birds.
Next we have a large hanging pot with black oiler sunflower seeds. This has an enormous squirrel baffle on it. It's fun to watch the squirrels try to get on it. Starling beaks can't open sunflower seeds so they leave this feeder alone. Finches, Cardinals, two kinds of woodpecker and other birds visit this feeder throughout the day.
The third is a tube filled with peanuts. The starlings can get these. The woodpeckers really like peanuts. The squirrel sometimes gets around the baffle to get to this feeder.
We also have a sock filled with Nyjer (Thistle) seed that the gold finches go crazy over.
Finally we have a suet feeder.
This brings me to my video. I tried to shoot it with me in front of the picture window with our assortment of feeder birds behind me. The back lighting of sunlight on the snow made me black. Those videos were deleted. I redid it with me in front of the fireplace. The only birds in the shot are the flamingoes on my shirt.

This is a song by Michael P Smith, We Become Birds.

Just another bonus prepared earlier. Not really about birds at all. By coincidence I had my Suzuki eagle shirt on. Gee the beard needed a good brush too.

Last edited:
Yes what a great topic this week - when I saw it last night I promptly sat down and thought of 15 songs....... most of which I stand no chance of being able to play! But will definitely do something....... thanks for an exciting one! :)

Ok another bonus, this was the song that I first thought of but then chickened out on (pun intended). I later tried it with guitar chords on my guitalele and that worked reasonably well, so this is Walk on by U2, it has one bird/flying reference in the lyrics.

Ok another bonus, this was the song that I first thought of but then chickened out on (pun intended). I later tried it with guitar chords on my guitalele and that worked reasonably well, so this is Walk on by U2, it has one bird/flying reference in the lyrics.

Very nice rendition.

Top Bottom