BEST BUY Sells UKES!

pebbleInDaPacific

Reaction score
I was out doing a little Christmas shopping and went to Best Buy, the electronics store. Well, I didn't know this, but they now have an instrument area inside the store. I searched and found that they sell the Cordoba concert Uke! I've read everywhere on the forum differing opinions on this brand. It is the first Cordoba i've seen in this state, and when I excitedly picked it up to strum it, I thought it sounded decent. Hopefully they will expand what they carry and carry more brands in the future. Has anyone else been in the closest Best Buy and seen this?

in all honesty, I don't trust best buy when it comes to instruments. I've seen the guitars they put out, and they're pretty bad. But you never know. They could be movin on up in that department.

sry but electronic store= decent musical instruments? no way! they will find sum way 2 exploit an ok sounding uke and throw a ridiculous price tag on it! only a matter of time when walmart starts selling em!

actually the best buys with the an actual musical instrument department as opposed to a corner sells some really decent stuff.. pretty much comparable to guitar center minus the on hand variety. prices are the same and will meet or beat GC's prices. So when i need a FIX, i go to the local best buy.. its closer and less people.. haha

in all honesty, I don't trust best buy when it comes to instruments. I've seen the guitars they put out, and they're pretty bad. But you never know. They could be movin on up in that department.

they have moved up. im not so big on the thought of an electronics store selling high end musical equipment either. so when i heard about it, i had to see it with mine own eyes.

the musical instrument section is basically a castrated guitar center. and thats only because the regular guitar center is as big as the rest of best buy. the local best buy has a range of instruments from a squire thinline telecaster to a $4000 taylor koa grand concert limited edition.

if your local best buy hasnt built the new section yet, give it a little bit. they are testing out some of the stores to see how they do. if it is a success then they will be opening them up in more stores.

as for the possibility of having an "electronics" guy try to sell you an instrument... wrap your brain around this... do you really think most of the guys at your local guitar center are that good at knowing their way around musical instruments? i mean... if they were such afficionados and knew their way around the finer aspects of instrument detail, that would at least tell me they were a super good musician... selling guitars for a living??? yeah, i know there are some out there, but just because someone works there, dont mean they know what theyre talking about.

don't trust sales men period! I was at guitar center looking at ukuleles and I asked if a center one was in stock. The salesmen came back saying that the only one they have is the display. Later I was asking him about another ukulele so we go to the computer and he doesn't know how to spell ukulele. So I'm guessing the probably had a huge supply of them. Good thing I didn't get one though because I got a better deal through MGM.

I had a friend that worked at best buy and if he didn't know a product he would BS his way through it just to get the sale.

I've met car salesmen where I knew more about their products and they did.

Do you own research is the best thing to do.

MMMM, I was just at the Best buy in Sheepshead bay Brooklyn and didn't see an instrument section. Heck, I'm always willing to pick up a uke and start playing it. Last time I went to Guitar Center I had to tune all the ukes myself before I could play them, will probably be the same at best buy.

now im pumped to go to ohio now!(ohio is the closest best buy near me lol)

although I know now that walking to the instrument section is probubly going to force me through the video game section, and then i wont have enough money for a new uke.

ah VGAS

video game aquisition syndrome. lol!

MMMM, I was just at the Best buy in Sheepshead bay Brooklyn and didn't see an instrument section. Heck, I'm always willing to pick up a uke and start playing it. Last time I went to Guitar Center I had to tune all the ukes myself before I could play them, will probably be the same at best buy.

hah! I was just there earlier.

same with guitar centers ukes, you always gotta make sure you bring your tuner with you when you either go to the one on 14th st, and ESPECIALLY the one on atlantic ave.

hah! I was just there earlier.

same with guitar centers ukes, you always gotta make sure you bring your tuner with you when you either go to the one on 14th st, and ESPECIALLY the one on atlantic ave.

The one on atlantic is the one!!!! If you played the uke thats in tune, thats probably the one I played, hahaha!!

they cant be any worse than guitar center who also sells cordobas at the seatac location in south seattle. I set foot in one of those stores once, and only once after a snot nosed kid tried to tell me I was tuning the uke incorrectly and please to stop trying to adjust the instrument as they had already set it up.

Uh, yeah ok. D#, Gb, Bb, D# is common tuning at Guitar Center

The Best Buy in Seattle is trying, but when it comes to ukes, don't ask many questions and bring your own tuner. They are nice enough but ignorant.

The music store behind southcenter mall (to the east on Andover park way) also has Oscar Schmidt ukes. Again the staff is utterly clueless but they do have 3 styles in 2 sizes.

The one on atlantic is the one!!!! If you played the uke thats in tune, thats probably the one I played, hahaha!!

Someone mustve bought it, when I went I went to all ukes I could find, even the crappy hilo ones and tuned them correct with that GIANT tuner they got by the comp

i think it's great that they are selling ukes at bestbuy. this only means more exposure for the instrument which has suffered the stigma of being a toy for long enough. now it's being sold alongside keyboards and guitars. that's a good thing right?

as for the instruments being substandard, i'm sure their mission statement isn't to sell the best ukuleles that you can find in the land. just enough to get you a taste. and it tastes great!

I haven't seen any ukulele's in the bestbuy near me, but i know they sell guitars. But from what i heard from a church member, supposedly the best buy in Chula Vista has a display uke and an amp to test it out. but idk, haven't witnessed it yet. any people in san diego wanna confirm it? :D lol

i think it's great that they are selling ukes at bestbuy. this only means more exposure for the instrument which has suffered the stigma of being a toy for long enough. now it's being sold alongside keyboards and guitars. that's a good thing right?

as for the instruments being substandard, i'm sure their mission statement isn't to sell the best ukuleles that you can find in the land. just enough to get you a taste. and it tastes great!

I hope it works that way. Sometimes instruments that play poorly and don't stay in tune are really discouraging and cause people to write off playing it altogether. :( But if manufacturers and sellers of good, playable instruments are having success selling to people who were frustrated with their first purchase, then it's all good.

Top Bottom