Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's excited to hear the winners in HMS's Trivia Contest/Pono Giveaway?

Default Who's excited to hear the winners in HMS's Trivia Contest/Pono Giveaway?

I played every day, did lots of link tweeting, and did ok on the questions themselves. Can't wait to find out if I got lucky!!!

{fingers crossed}

http://www.theukulelesite.com/ukulel...contest:iwant:

I'm excited too. I know I won't win, because I didn't send the links to anyone. (I just generally don't send links unless it's something I know the linkee is interested in.)

But I had a lot of fun with the questions and learned a lot!

Yes, I was having fun looking up the answers too. I played every day too, but I know I got 2 or 3 answers wrong. Here's hoping...

–Lori

I only missed one question, and got a good amount of people to go enter through my link, I really hope things work in my favor xD good luck to everyone else~!!!

I have most of the questions correct, but didn't do anything else to gain points like invite people. Since I guess there will be others out there who do that kind of stuff, I don't think I'll win anything. But it was fun, some answers were really hard to find.

I have gain a lot on uke knowledge. I think i have an outside chance of winning. I got a few wrong and was just getting good at it. Its a funny contest. From what i understand one can get all his questions wrong and still win if one invited a lot of friends to participate. Seems to be easier than searching through the net for hours to find the right answer. I could have easily done that as i meet many new and dfifferent people in the course of my work each day. But i think it goes against the spirit of the trivial. Good luck to all of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Novalogics View Post
    I only missed one question, and got a good amount of people to go enter through my link, I really hope things work in my favor xD good luck to everyone else~!!!
    Well done! My guess would be that should put you in the running. I was hoping I'd still be in with a chance - and then I got a second question wrong.. oh well. And the folks who would have seen my shared links (twitter, facebook) are in general not likely to have boosted by "friends and family" bonus by entering themselves.... even though I asked!

Good luck - can't wait until tomorrow or Sunday for the results!

I got one answer wrong... I don't expect to win anything but that was still fun. Great contest.

Well let's do the math...
    13,599 entries. If you got the answer right, you got 4 or 5 points. If you entered every day and got every question right that means 15 days x 4 points = 60 points.

So if you just entered once and got the question wrong, you still got one point.

1 point / 13599 entries = .007% chance of your name being drawn
    60 points /13599 entries = .4% chance.

The people who shared links AND got all the questions correct may have an edge, but probably not much of one.

Of course, since they are only picking four prizes, that does not leave many chances for the odds to average out.

Still, the odds of winning this contest if you entered are still much better than the lottery.

Good luck everyone!
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Oh well
    I think I might as start a uke fund, and go busking?

Thread Information