Season 55 Location, Location, Location

Not done my entry yet but been playing around with iMovie and I thought I'd compile a little trailer to entice those who haven't yet posted to the Seasons. If this has managed to inspire JUST ONE new postee then this post has been worth it. :iwant: So this is for all you out there who haven't posted to the seasons yet. ENJOY. You've gotta smile, its compulsory. :D

A reason for it all (Eric Bogle Ukulele cover)

Song based on a true story of Clare Campbell who died alone and neglected.
Her body rotted in her bedroom before anyone was concerned enough to find
out what had happened to her.

As Robert Burns said
"But see him on the edge of life
with cares and sorrows torn,
then age and want that ill matched pair,
prove man was made to mourn."

Not done my entry yet but been playing around with iMovie and I thought I'd compile a little trailer to entice those who haven't yet posted to the Seasons. If this has managed to inspire JUST ONE new postee then this post has been worth it. :iwant: So this is for all you out there who haven't posted to the seasons yet. ENJOY. You've gotta smile, its compulsory. :D

Wow. That was just great. I hope you have posted it in the videos and links section too.

Despair and joy - quite a contrast.
Song based on a true story of Clare Campbell who died alone and neglected.
Her body rotted in her bedroom before anyone was concerned enough to find
out what had happened to her.
As Robert Burns said
"But see him on the edge of life
with cares and sorrows torn,
then age and want that ill matched pair,
prove man was made to mourn."

No name in the title but have included it because it is the story of something that shouldn't happen anywhere. Enjoyed this a lot W_G_Y.

Manila, Manila !
(i've added a rough English translation for the few Tagalog lines) :D

Great playing - wonderful vocals. Delightful!

Real good - a slow bluesy country feel - like it.
Haven't heard "murder of crows" in a song before.
And a 'well worn' hat worn well.
Thanks for listening and commenting. Yeah, with "Murder of Crows" in it, it may have qualified for bird week too.

OK - So I hope to record my "best" song of place (about one of the most amazing places I have ever been) tomorrow.

Here is a sneak preview of the place.

Meanwhile, I've managed to tear myself away from class preparation to listen to some entries for this week and here are some brief comments.

Dave Wave Gulf Coast Highway - great song, very understated. Thanks for adding the lyrics, I always find it easier to listen if I can read the lyrics too :)

Joko - Real sense of place in that song. Liked the laid back solo too.

GaryC - What a fun song. I love how you "people" Soda Town - Very Dylanesque in many ways.

JazzBanjorex -I felt like putting on a grass skirt, or a loud shirt, after listening to this jolly ditty. Great performance.
BTW How's your six string tuned? I mean which strings are paired or octaved?

WeeGinga Yin - Eric Bogle is the master of touching our social consciences. Didn't know this song.
Nice to hear a "clean" song from you - sound wise. Though, as you know, I also love your reverb heavy + delay masterpieces!

Filipinoukjer - Hooray! We get to hear you sing in Tagalog. I love the sound of it! Your voice is just going from strength to strength! Smashing!

MrEWorm - Very atmospheric song. Great looking reso-uke. Perfect vocals for that song... just the right amount of heartbreak in the voice.

Xomen - Now Wim, I wonder why I was half expecting you to do this song? ;) The original always reminds me of the Velvet Underground (I think they did that deliberately). Your version sounds more like an out-take from Lou Reed's "Transformer" - Nice one! PS Just seen your Bonus. That was the other one I half expected ;) Or the Joshua Tree ;)

That is hilarious!!

Thanks to UkeyDave for the inspirational trailer. First timer here so be gentle.
Cover of Under The Milky Way Tonight by the Church.

Welcome aboard. This is a favourite song of mine - a guy named Jimmy Little (gone last year) did a great version too.

Like it a lot. It suits the 8 string well and solid vocals. Real good.

Just finished watching what's on this Seasons playlist, so far. Very nice videos!

I would like to mention that my wonderful tech-savvy hubby helped me figure out how to watch these on our TV. Also, he enjoyed watching the Seasons videos with me so much that he's talking about doing a duet with me for this Season. :D

Just finished watching what's on this Seasons playlist, so far. Very nice videos!

I would like to mention that my wonderful tech-savvy hubby helped me figure out how to watch these on our TV. Also, he enjoyed watching the Seasons videos with me so much that he's talking about doing a duet with me for this Season. :D

YES! Do it please.

"JazzBanjorex -I felt like putting on a grass skirt, or a loud shirt, after listening to this jolly ditty. Great performance.
BTW How's your six string tuned? I mean which strings are paired or octaved?"

Thank you.
It is not the way it came. It is tuned gCEA and the C and E are paired. Originally the C string was octaved. I love the sound and wish I had a 4 string of the same model.

Top Bottom