Thread: Nintendo Game & Watch Thread

Hippie Dribble Guest

Default Nintendo Game & Watch Thread

Attachment 49667Attachment 49668

howdy all,

just wondering if there are any retro handheld game lovers out there?

I've been a Game and Watch fan since they first came out when I was a young kid finishing primary school. First one I got was "Turtle Bridge"...was a gift from mum and dad after I entered my first junior tennis tournament. Played it and played it....

I was then given "Parachute" as a Christmas present and saved up and bought "Mickey and Donald", and only in the last few years have I begun collecting a few more.

Any other retro game and watch devotees amongst us? If so, please fly the flag, tell us your fave games and whether you still have any in your collections. Also, pics would be awesome.

I'll go take some of mine next week and start putting some up too

Hehe. I never even knew about those ones made by Nintendo. Hard to imagine considering how much time I spent playing the original NES and reading about it is Nintendo Power. My grandparent had this game though and I would play the heck out of it every time I visited. Check out those graphics! I think theirs was a different color but the screen and game was the same.

Attachment 49670

I have a copy of Donkey Kong Jr, I bought for $15 from a thrift shop.
    Epiphone Les Paul Concert Uke.
    Koyama Cactus Tenor Uke
    Kealoha Wood finish Soprano Uke
    Fluke Firefly Banjolele
    http://ukeinrevolt.wordpress.com/

I had Octopus and Donkey Kong! Played the stuffing out of those 2.
    Kamaka HF-1 ~ "小咖"
    KoAloha Longneck Soprano ~ "小摳"
    Lava Flea ~ "小跳"

Quote Originally Posted by dphansti View Post
    Hehe. I never even knew about those ones made by Nintendo. Hard to imagine considering how much time I spent playing the original NES and reading about it is Nintendo Power. My grandparent had this game though and I would play the heck out of it every time I visited. Check out those graphics! I think theirs was a different color but the screen and game was the same.

Attachment 49670
    I remember the red blips on those. I had football,basketball,baseball, and sub chase.

Quote Originally Posted by Newportlocal View Post
    I remember the red blips on those. I had football,basketball,baseball, and sub chase.
    +1 for Coleco Games

I still have my original football game from the 70's.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Game Informer or Nintendo Power? My Game informer magazine just got canceled, and i got Nintendo Power. Should i re-new my old subscription or get Nintendo Power alone?
    Last edited by dilashyaa; 02-28-2014 at 11:21 PM.

I use a Nintendo Wii and Wii board. It was for my mom, but I've been using it for games. So far, I've been playing with the Lego video games and Donkey Kong Country Returns (real challenging).
    Last edited by aspieman456; 10-01-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Wow, imagine my surprise to see "Nintendo" when I came to the forums!

I'm not from the Game & Watch era, but I love Gameboys! Is that retro enough? I was recently gifted a GBA SP so I'm replaying Pokemon and Zelda from that generation.

Thread Information