Thread: I'm out of breath!

Default I'm out of breath!

Restringing my Lanikai O-8E with Aquila strings. I swear, tuning all 60 strings of my hammered dulcimer earlier today was easier than tuning one course of my O-8E.
    Ukes: Lanikai O-8E, aNueNue Khaya Mahogany III, Eleuke Tenor Pineapple, Luna Great Wave Soprano
    Other strings: Cecilio Electric Violin, Traveler EG-1, Gretsch 5120, Wizard Classical Guitar, Rover Traveler, 35-String Harp, Dean Backwoods 3 Banjo, Stetson mandolin, Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass
    Keyboards: Knabe 1881-1885 Upright Grand, Hammond Home Organ, Komplete 8, No Name Hammered Dulcimer, Oscar Schmidt Autoharp

Ha ha, at least you have an 8 string, I really want one
    Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. ~Plato
    Dictatorship naturally arises out of democracy, and the most aggravated form of tyranny and slavery out of the most extreme liberty. ~Plato

Lanikai CK-C Concert
    Custom David Gill Fluke Style Tenor
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/andretv7422?feature=guide

It's a wonderful uke (except when you're restringing it, of course), perfect for the camp fire or playing with civilians (non-uke players).
    Ukes: Lanikai O-8E, aNueNue Khaya Mahogany III, Eleuke Tenor Pineapple, Luna Great Wave Soprano
    Other strings: Cecilio Electric Violin, Traveler EG-1, Gretsch 5120, Wizard Classical Guitar, Rover Traveler, 35-String Harp, Dean Backwoods 3 Banjo, Stetson mandolin, Fender Mark Hoppus Signature Bass
    Keyboards: Knabe 1881-1885 Upright Grand, Hammond Home Organ, Komplete 8, No Name Hammered Dulcimer, Oscar Schmidt Autoharp

Quote Originally Posted by Rubio MHS View Post
    It's a wonderful uke (except when you're restringing it, of course), perfect for the camp fire or playing with civilians (non-uke players).
    Geez! I couldn't imagine the settling in process!
    You, sir, are the devil. --Tammy
    10:32789

Heheheeee. Try re-stringing a 39 string harp....
    My Truth may not be your Truth. That does not make either of us right or wrong, only different.

Current Collection:
    Kanile'a K1-C-SF
    Firefly Concert Banjo Uke

Rehomed:
    Odin Concert
    Kala UBasses: Spruce & Rosewood, solid Mahogany
    Kamaka Ohta-San Cedar & Koa
    KoAloha Slimline Concert
    Lanikai Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by Katz-in-Boots View Post
    Heheheeee. Try re-stringing a 39 string harp....
    I have a 35-string harp that has fallen into disrepair because I was spending more time tuning it than playing it. I don't know if it has to do with the O-8 series, but it takes forever to tune it compared with other instruments I have. My hammered dulcimer has 60 strings, and it's an incredible pain to tune because you have to have the bridges in the right place.

Thread Information