Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: How many here have started with a Makala Dolphin or own one?

Two in our household. I started with a green dolphin which I gave to my grandson and missed it so much i bought another one. My dolphin was purchased and set up by highly strung and I have fitted living water strings.

We have four in my house, one for each person in the family. We also lend the out to friends wanting to give uke a try. I am planning to bring my to work in a few weeks.
    peace,

david

Quote Originally Posted by CountryMouse View Post
    I'm sure music stores have them in stock. Try one before buying. Which review? I have two Flukes and two Fleas.

CountryMouse
    The review I referred to had you playing a Fluke covered in hybiscus flowers.

Denver Folklore Center carries Flukes and I've been meaning to go over there for about 4 years now but it's 40 miles on the opposite side of town. I need a real motivator to make the trek such as having no ukes to play other than this Airline on the wall.StrongBademail.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by MutinousDoug View Post
    The review I referred to had you playing a Fluke covered in hybiscus flowers.

Denver Folklore Center carries Flukes and I've been meaning to go over there for about 4 years now but it's 40 miles on the opposite side of town. I need a real motivator to make the trek such as having no ukes to play other than this Airline on the wall.StrongBademail.JPG

Ah, okay. That's my Island Design Fluke that was special made for me. I wanted that design but it wasn't being made anymore. Flea Market Music found a "second" top of that design in their factory and made a uke with it for me. I had my choice of wood for the neck. The blemishes on the top are hardly noticeable, as I said in the video.

I think the strings I had on it at the time were Hilo Black Nylon. At present I have Ko'olau Mahana strings on it. I still haven't found the exact strings I want. But that's the fun, too, trying new things.

CountryMouse
    Flukes: Island Design custom; Red Cowboy | Fleas: Denim concert; Grape soprano | Enterline CBU #7
    Lanikais: LB6-S banjolele; LU-21 | Eleuke Mahogany | aNueNue U900 pineapple | Luna Great Wave pineapple
    Kalas: Purple Paisley Ukadelic; Watermelon | Red Hilo soprano | Dolphins: Pearl White; Pink Burst; Green Burst;
    Blue Metallic | Mahalos: Blue Tr Fruit; Smiley Face; Hearts; Black Les Paul | Tom Pocket Uke | Plastic: Woodi; TV Pal

Twitter | Blog | Facebook | YouTube | YouTube Too

Thread Information