Season 56: FiL's Favorite Texas Singer-Songwriters

congrats Mousie, that was a stunner. And well done to everyone for the superb performances this week, it was fantastic. thanks again FiL! :)

Hey all,

So I've watched and listened to all the official entries multiple times, and there are some really fantastic performances here. Thank you once again for playing along! It was a great joy to see how many of you connected with this music that I cherish. And the bonus videos--on my! What a bounty!

I wish I could give everyone a prize, but I settled on one performance that really opened my eyes.

CountryMouse, your version of "God Is God" was simply gorgeous: a perfect match of voice and song. I often don't like the way I sound when I harmonize with myself, but when you do it, it sounds like Heaven. I want to hear more of it!

In case anyone missed it, here it is again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1lpP7_4V_U&list=PL73VgknTi6zadISLUmQpyVSpQO3cxKWjh&index=17

Congratulations!! As for your prize, you are hereby awarded one single CD of your choice from Amazon.com by one of this Season's leading men: Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, or Robert Earl Keen. Please PM me with your choice and mailing address. If you can't pick one, I can help you.

- FiL

I am just floored! Thank you so much! There were so many wonderful entries, I am so surprised I won! And what a great prize! I'll PM you in just a few minutes. I may need some help. :p

Thank you everyone for all your kind comments!

CountryMouse

Congratulations, CM - a worthy winner! A truly lovely video....

Thanks for the great theme, FiL - and thanks to all the Seasonistas for some great listening!

Yessssss!

Well Deserved not only for this video but for the beauty of your singing from season to season, too!

Congratulations Mousie and Well Chosen FiL!

congrats cm! a great turn out by all! thanks FiL! another fun season!

Congratulations, CM - a worthy winner! A truly lovely video....

Thanks for the great theme, FiL - and thanks to all the Seasonistas for some great listening!

Yessssss!

Well Deserved not only for this video but for the beauty of your singing from season to season, too!

Congratulations Mousie and Well Chosen FiL!

Congrats Miss mouse and thanks for a great week FiL!

Thank you all so much! I am so blushing here! :eek:

CountryMouse

Here's a very late bonus for Season 56.

This season was the inspiration I needed to learn this song. It's still sloppy and need some work, but today seemed like the perfect day to record it.

As for my sloppy fretting...I'm going to blame it on a tired fretting hand, and too big a uke. I'm really a concert girl. :D

Here's a very late bonus for Season 56.

This season was the inspiration I needed to learn this song. It's still sloppy and need some work, but today seemed like the perfect day to record it.

As for my sloppy fretting...I'm going to blame it on a tired fretting hand, and too big a uke. I'm really a concert girl. :D

Great playing,SailQuest! Thanks for the late bonus track!

- FiL

The FiL week lives on. How?
A buddy of mine from SEUKERS stood up to play at our unplugged open mic and said, "Alan I got this from your Australian friend." (pabrizzer - I've posted a couple of his videos with relatives to our group's facebook page as inspiration). Michael had looked up some of Pa's other videos including one from this week played on a Baritone. M. was looking for songs to play on his new bari so he chose this one:

It just goes to show you...each of our actions is like a ripple in still water.

That is cool, Alan! We can all learn a few songs from pabrizzer.

- FiL

Top Bottom