Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158 LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 1573

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Seems to be, I had just wiped the fretboard off with a damp cloth when I took this so there's still some moisture present. I sanded the excess last night and they all look fine now.
    Thanks for checking.
    Max

Some how I managed to shake off my depressed winter mood and complete another one of this batch of cuban mahogany sopranos..3 more still to complete..Roll on Spring

IMG_3142 by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Nice! Are you going to record a sound sample of this one Mr. Timms? Another questions: Is more expensive a uke with Ebony fingerboard or the same uke but with Rosewood fingerboard? Thanks!

A couple from the group of instruments I'm working on right now. This is the second application of epoxy pore filler.

An ambrosia maple 8 string tenor with Sitka soundboard, and an Australian Blackwood tenor.

Pore Filler1.jpgPore Filler2.jpg

I am finishing kasha braced tenor (cedar top, local European alder sides, back and neck )kasha.jpg

and just started new project. It will be 5-string tenor, (walnut sides and back, spruce top, honduras mahogony neck)ukepohja.jpg
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough."
    -Mario Andretti

Makalo Waterman Soprano * Bruko Soprano Ukulele No. 5 Mahogany Maple * Maccaferri Islander Soprano * John Daniel Pixie Sopranino * Martin S1 Soprano * Gretsch G9112 Resonator * Honkoo Koa Consert * Anuenue UT200 Moon Bird Tenor

I have now finished the biscuit tin concert I have been working on. It cam out OK, although of course a tin is not really the best soundboard in the world. For that reason, I have braced the bridge against the through neck inside and put a piezo pickup in and the sound is OK. The break angle on the bridge is a bit shallow, so i may still dispense with the (lovely) brass tailpiece and have the strings pass through the tin behind the bridge and anchor inside. But all in all it is OK.

Max

IMG_0491.jpg

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

IMG_0494.jpg

A couple of new ukes. An emperor's new clothes cookie tin and a band sawn bowl uke.
    20190209_175220.jpg
    20190209_175245.jpg
    My friends call me Titch. I have been known to clown.
    Ian Titulaer is my normie name.

https://sites.google.com/site/titchtheclown/

Quote Originally Posted by ktuurna View Post
    I am finishing kasha braced tenor (cedar top, local European alder sides, back and neck )kasha.jpg

and just started new project. It will be 5-string tenor, (walnut sides and back, spruce top, honduras mahogony neck)ukepohja.jpg
    That is so nice, I am going to do one of those side ports one of these days

A cute little Tahitian style though I digressed from the round soudboard because I made the body purposely narrow to test treble responsiveness ideas and then I had the room and I felt like trying to experiment on a different shape. 345mm scale length 40 lb fishing line for all strings.
    20190212_153313.jpg
    My friends call me Titch. I have been known to clown.
    Ian Titulaer is my normie name.

https://sites.google.com/site/titchtheclown/

Buffing and attaching necks the last couple of days to 5 instruments.

Neck Attachment1.jpgNeck Attachment2.jpgNeck Attachment3.jpgNeck Attachment4.jpg

Thread Information