What's happening in your shed?

Three of them...

vYQtBNMEk-nw6af7pbrimqlIjKM.jpg

I'm at one very impressed and horrified when I see homemade power tools.

A very groovy looking electric uke.
This thing gave me a few headaches with paint, electrics performing better as an antenna than as pickups and pickups not aligning with strings and dead pickup and volume pots shorting out against the sheilding.

20201203_111630.jpg

Last edited:
6 of the batch of 8 tenors are complete, the last two are just awaiting strings. Two of them have granadillo rosewood backs and sides, with some nice curl on the backs. I've never seen granadillo curly like this, it's very pretty.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That one wasn't quite as curly so I gave it that back strap and a fancier binding to make up for it.

attachment.php

And I had some nice myrtle in this batch too:

attachment.php

I guess this post is turning out to be all about those backsides...

Attachments

• IMG_20201127_131701.jpg
    IMG_20201127_131701.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20201127_132749.jpg
    IMG_20201127_132749.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20201128_133806.jpg
    IMG_20201128_133806.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_20201127_132920.jpg
    IMG_20201127_132920.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 63
6 of the batch of 8 tenors are complete, the last two are just awaiting strings. Two of them have granadillo rosewood backs and sides, with some nice curl on the backs. I've never seen granadillo curly like this, it's very pretty.

That one wasn't quite as curly so I gave it that back strap and a fancier binding to make up for it.

And I had some nice myrtle in this batch too:

attachment.php

I guess this post is turning out to be all about those backsides...

Too much perfection! My goal is "Okay." :D

If I can finish making a bridge and get it attached today, I'll post pictures of my Halloween uke.

Trust me, there are plenty of imperfections! Just hidden by the photography I suppose. I try to remind myself to see them as an opportunity for continuous improvement in future projects.

I hope you do share the halloween uke!

Trust me, there are plenty of imperfections! Just hidden by the photography I suppose. I try to remind myself to see them as an opportunity for continuous improvement in future projects.

I was spraying another clear coat on a piece just now, and it came out of the can black - probably because I picked up the can of black by mistake. At least it was a small piece I can replicate. :D

I was hoping to finish it last week. Maybe today. :D

An electric uke demo
Meranti body, tasmanian oak neck, karri fretboard, fret markers of shell bought from mosaic tile company. two humbucker pickups, separately volumed in parallel. Sealed tuners and light electric guitar strings. The art work applied by printing it onto an overhead projector slide, spray painting the reverse of that in silver so the clear "white" bits finish up silver and epoxied on.

If I do another I have made enough mistakes on this one to learn from.

Last edited:
Top Bottom