Page 158 of 158 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158
Results 1,571 to 1,573 of 1573

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Another perfect instrument, Allen. Somewhat depressing for the rest of us mere mortals.
    Having moved to a bolt-on neck, do you use a threaded insert or a barrel bolt?
    Miguel

You'd call it a barrel bolt I suppose. Its oriented from fret board to heel and is full lenght of the tenon. Drilled and tapped for a M6 bolt in a jig to guarantee alignment with the neck block that is also drilled in the same jig.

Quote Originally Posted by orangeena View Post
    I have now finished the biscuit tin concert I have been working on. It cam out OK, although of course a tin is not really the best soundboard in the world. For that reason, I have braced the bridge against the through neck inside and put a piezo pickup in and the sound is OK. The break angle on the bridge is a bit shallow, so i may still dispense with the (lovely) brass tailpiece and have the strings pass through the tin behind the bridge and anchor inside. But all in all it is OK.

Max

Attachment 115355

Attachment 115356

Attachment 115357

Attachment 115358
    Nice! I cheat and chop the necks off cheap ukes and do some tweaking to get the fit right. If I had a shop bench and some scrap hardwood I'd like to make my own neck.
    Post up your final setup. On the last one I made the break wasn't quite right either and I couldn't tweak the neck bolts enough so I had to build another bridge(this one floats on a banjo uke). I always like to see other options.
    Last edited by captain-janeway; 02-12-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Thread Information