What's happening in your shed?

Finally getting rid of the Korean Monster drill press. It will drill holes in anything including armor plate but has developed serious wobble. I smoked the bearings in this thing making radiused blocks. Bye, bye drill press. Hello bench space.

20200723_125304.jpg

Finally getting rid of the Korean Monster drill press. It will drill holes in anything including armor plate but has developed serious wobble. I smoked the bearings in this thing making radiused blocks. Bye, bye drill press. Hello bench space.

View attachment 128558
yes radius end blocks are best done on a belt disc sander..I did my last batch on the oscillating spindle sander and that worked well...drills were made for drilling.

Just installed the new Gotoh tuners on the baritone ukulele neck. My first experience with Gotoh, so I'm hoping they work as nicely as they look. I should have the instrument fully assembled and strings on it by Friday.

DSCF0115.jpgDSCF0117.jpg

Coming down the home stretch, gluing on the baritone neck and bridge. There's also a bolt in there to tighten up the neck join. After this I'm going to take a few months away from uke building to reset and work on some other projects.

DSCF0120.jpgDSCF0121.jpg

Top Bottom