Page 234 of 236 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236 LastLast
Results 2,331 to 2,340 of 2360

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Spending a rainy morning in the garage making a building form and spreader bars for my baritone ukulele project. The bandsaw was a Christmas gift from my wife over 25 years ago, and it still works great. I installed a new blade and retuned it this morning just for this job. Not shown is the oscillating spindle sander I used to true the first piece cut on the bandsaw so it could be used as the master with the router pattern bit.

bandsaw.jpgkasha form.jpg

http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Tim, still on the edge... Nice job.
    Gerard.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post

http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Santo soprano in progress.
    Mapple bookmatched top.
    Red cedar bars.
    Carbon fiber cloth/epoxy resin patch.

Finished my Kasha baritone building form. It's a slightly upscale version of the one used by Heidi Litke in Robert O'Brien's video tenor uke building course. It allows a Spanish heel build while still using a building form. I've not been clever enough to figure that out for myself.

kasha building form.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tonyturley View Post
    Finished my Kasha baritone building form. It's a slightly upscale version of the one used by Heidi Litke in Robert O'Brien's video tenor uke building course. It allows a Spanish heel build while still using a building form. I've not been clever enough to figure that out for myself.

kasha building form.jpg
    That's a beautiful mold. I'm surprised that molds aren't for sale at places like Stew-Mac.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryc41 View Post
    That's a beautiful mold. I'm surprised that molds aren't for sale at places like Stew-Mac.
    Thanks. LMII has some ukulele molds, but at $100, I'd rather build my own. My current kiku project is being built on an open form, using blocks at the tail and heel, and 1" dowels bolted into slots at the waist with spreaders inside. I've built two baritone size bodies on this form, and decided I wanted to put in the extra effort to make a full mold for the next project. Here's a comparison between the two building forms:

progress 060521.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tonyturley View Post

kasha building form.jpg
    Do you have a photo of a build in the mold with neck attached? I'm not clear no how this allows you to build with a Spanish heel. Only thing I can figure is you must raise the body high enough in the mold so that the back of the neck clears the top of the mold. (Maybe I just answered my own question?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Snape View Post
    Do you have a photo of a build in the mold with neck attached? I'm not clear no how this allows you to build with a Spanish heel. Only thing I can figure is you must raise the body high enough in the mold so that the back of the neck clears the top of the mold. (Maybe I just answered my own question?)
    That is true. Here's an image of Heidi working on one of her ukes: https://www.redsandsukuleles.com/bi0.html

Thread Information