Page 179 of 179 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179
Results 1,781 to 1,785 of 1785

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

biggest fan right here!!! i love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Titchtheclown View Post
    Attachment 125165Attachment 125166

Orange, like a pretend pineapple.

Why do people throw dumb ideas at me and why do i rise to the challenge.
    20200214_102515.jpg
    The llamageddon is coming!
    My friends call me Titch. I have been known to clown.
    Ian Titulaer is my normie name.

https://sites.google.com/site/titchtheclown/

Aloha Titch, sounds to me like you would be a perfect person to lead the next Fun Build. I have started a new solo Fun Build some days ago to finish what I started almost 10 years ago. When I am done, maybe we can get a new group of builders to send you the parts for the next build! Think about it Brah,
    Mahalo
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

Insomnia had me down in the shop at 0330 this morning, sorting, cleaning, and preparing for construction. As difficult as it is, I decided to commit to another tandem build. It occurred to me that it would take me a long time to get to all the wood I have stockpiled if I work on one project at a time.

First image is the mold I'm making for another ukulele, a baritone with a tenor scale neck. Tonewoods will be Black Walnut with a sinker Western Red Cedar top. I got the idea from watching a Pepe Romero demonstration of one of his tenor-baritones.

Second image is the bundle of wood for a small body 23" scale steel string guitar. Tonewoods are old growth Honduran Mahogany for the back, sides, and neck, and old growth Red Spruce for the top. Both of those woods were harvested over 30 years ago, and the cool thing about the Spruce is that it was harvested right here in the eastern mountains of WV. I'm building this guitar for my own use, while the tenor-baritone may end up with someone else.

tenor baritone.jpgsmall guitar.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg
    Bending tenor sides using a new form and a heat blanket. Worked well. Compression provided by modified caulking guns. I think it was one of my ideas but I may have borrowed it from someone on this forum. Feel free to copy.
    Miguel

Thread Information