What's happening in your shed?

An electric uke demo
Meranti body, tasmanian oak neck, karri fretboard, fret markers of shell bought from mosaic tile company. two humbucker pickups, separately volumed in parallel. Sealed tuners and light electric guitar strings. The art work applied by printing it onto an overhead projector slide, spray painting the reverse of that in silver so the clear "white" bits finish up silver and epoxied on.

If I do another I have made enough mistakes on this one to learn from.

Great sound!

Wonderful stuff there Dusei ....did you make all those moulds yourself ?

Thanks!
Yep, I make all my own moulds/forms. One for each of the bowlback instruments I build (there's more on the other wall, not shown in the video).

Apologies for the bad bass playing. I blame it on the mix of fretless and being a less than average uke player, not a bass player. The phone also adjusts volume automatically so it may give a false impression of how loud it is acoustically. I may have lost a bit of volume by having a 485mm scale length rather than 514mm but I used my old
template from fender styled 4 on one side headstock where the d string won't reach the tuning peg otherwise.

Back in 2018 year.

A pineapple mezzo soprano.
363 mm. scale.
Soft red cedar top.
Five pieces fan braces.

More pics on the blog.

http://gg-ukuleles-artisanaux.eklablog.com/recent/45

7syct1ydovkUNfftW6twSzEVVhY.jpg

On the bench: Quilted maple teardrop super soprano.DSCF0045.jpg

Yes, but there is always another in the pipeline :)

Video appears to be private. Too bad,I enjoy looking at and hearing your fine craftsmanship.

Top Bottom