Page 133 of 171 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1710

Thread: What's happening in your shed?

Beautiful work Allen! When did you stop doing spanish heel?
    Perry Bullinger
    Covered Bridge Ukuleles

Quote Originally Posted by photoshooter View Post
    I haven't managed to finish an ukulele build yet but in the meantime I went for several cajon appetizers. This one was built for a very accomplished young percussionist friend. It's the second one I've built. The first was a more pedestrian "proof of concept" version. I'm currently building one for myself as well. I don't play cajon...yet.

Attachment 104615Attachment 104616Attachment 104617Attachment 104618

The body is walnut ply, the corners are sycamore with bloodwood trim and the front is baltic birch. The walnut was finished with burgundy-tinted shellac to deepen the tone. The sycamore was treated with light coats of tung oil to bring out the texture. The entire cajon was finished in a home-brew wiping varnish. The snare can be turned of when desired.

I've never made instruments before coming to this forum but I have been a woodworking hobbyist for many years. I currently have several ukuleles in various stages of completion. I hope to finish and post them soon.
    Nice work! I have been thinking of building a Cajon myself when I get a little free time
    Perry Bullinger
    Covered Bridge Ukuleles

Quote Originally Posted by bluesuke View Post
    Beautiful work Allen! When did you stop doing spanish heel?
    I've been contimplating it for several years, but just never got around to swapping production over. But after my month off to Canada in August, I came back and did the switch as I had caught up on the backlog of instruments and it seemed like the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I've been contimplating it for several years, but just never got around to swapping production over. But after my month off to Canada in August, I came back and did the switch as I had caught up on the backlog of instruments and it seemed like the time to do it.
    We have talked about it as well. It would sure make binding and finishing easier
    Perry Bullinger
    Covered Bridge Ukuleles

No more Ukulele building for a while..The Metalwork Shop opened up this morning and I'm now making some of these for a change
    Gauges by Ken Timms, on Flickr
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Ken,
    Are they going up for sale on eBay or are these all earmarked for orders?
    Mrs P is desperate to spend money on me this Xmas and who am I to argue!
    Max

Quote Originally Posted by orangeena View Post
    Ken,
    Are they going up for sale on eBay or are these all earmarked for orders?
    Mrs P is desperate to spend money on me this Xmas and who am I to argue!
    Max
    I just did a production run of one six pointer, with the purpose of setting up the machines and presses so I can produce a batch of ten 6 pointers for a start....but as the temperature was down to -10 this morning I decided to wait bit before I start....But the first one I made is now on eBay....*EDIT* Now sold.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 12-11-2017 at 09:17 PM.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Hi Ken,
    saw this and thought of you:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ciagov...7674852500522/

OK so what's the medal?

h

Quote Originally Posted by Hms View Post
    Hi Ken,
    saw this and thought of you:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/ciagov...7674852500522/

OK so what's the medal?

h
    Hi Howard...Thats one of the gizmo's I studied before a designed my mini version...The medal is the War Medal 1939 to 1945
    The War Medal is awarded to all full time personnel of the armed forces wherever they were serving. The medal was granted in addition to campaign stars and the Defence Medal.
    To apply for the War Medal, you must have served at least 28 days between 3 September 1939 and 2 September 1945....I wasnt old enough to get one...But my cousin Billy Timms served in the far East during WW2 and thats his medal ..He passed away 6 years ago.
    Last edited by Timbuck; 12-12-2017 at 08:44 AM.

5 Tones of Koa, with violin 'bee sting' purfling.
    Designed with a pickup jack to be installed.

26113813_1569921459763228_774743499091471482_n.jpg

Thread Information