What's happening in your shed?

The Vegan Uke is getting close to completion. Finishing in a jungle of humidity has been a challenge. Not a good uke building climate at the moment. Soon it will finished.

DSCN7454.jpg

Actually, "me and Janet" is grammatically correct. I believe even on both sides of the pond. Merry Christmas from me.

Nelson

Old school Hoosier grammar would've been Jan and Me. It was taught back then to put yourself last, and use the pronoun that would stand alone if you were the only one spoken of. Think; merry Christmas from me, vs merry Christmas from I.

Indiana is not the central location of English grammar. :D

Reading back what I just wrote sounds like a bunch of balogna, or is it baloney?
EDIT: i said that to be nice, but it's not BS; those were the rules of grammar.
-----
Nice ukulele mold and internals. BTW, merry Christmas to you!!!

Last edited:
It was taught back then to put yourself last,
Thanks Trent. I thought I was the only person who cared about/ knew such things. My Dad was a bit of a scholar and spoke grammatically perfect English and his love of language infected me.
Merry Christmas to all and best wishes for 2017.
Miguel

Old school Hoosier grammar would've been Jan and Me. It was taught back then to put yourself last, and use the pronoun that would stand alone if you were the only one spoken of. Think; merry Christmas from me, vs merry Christmas from I.

Indiana is not the central location of English grammar. :D

Reading back what I just wrote sounds like a bunch of balogna, or is it baloney?
-----
Nice ukulele mold and internals. BTW, merry Christmas to you!!!
Reading back what I just wrote ? ....that sounds a bit dodgy :confused:

My aleut paddle is just about finished. The last coat of tru oil is applied and in a few days it'll get some stock sheen. Premiere at pool practice next weekend ;).

20161229_115517.jpg20161229_115529.jpg20161229_115548-1.jpg

Reading back what I just wrote ? ....that sounds a bit dodgy :confused:
I felt like my statement on grammar might have come off, unintentionally, as being smug or condescending to you or others. My last statement was added to remove a possible perceived, superior tone, in order that other folk's opinion would be more inclusive; (by degrading my position). I just didn't want my statement to be rude or insulting.

Yeah, I may be overthinking things a bit. Bottom line though; it's not BS; those were the rules of grammar.

Last edited:
My wife would throw me out if I was doing finish work at the kitchen or dining table, haha.
My wife isnt exactly thrilled with me working in the house either, but it's cold in the shed this time a year ;), plus I like being around my family.
As long as I clean up every night and dont leave stuff out, she suffers it.

6 Tenors on the go.

Top left to right is Mahogany-Mahogany, Australian Blackwood - Western Red Cedar, Ambrosia Maple - Ancient Spruce.

Bottom left to right is Granadilo-King Billy Pine, Mango - Carpathian Spruce, Australian Blackwood - Sitka Spruce.

The 6 Tenors.jpg

I have never seen drywall installed from the bottom up
I've never seen it done any other way. You get to rest the upper sheet on the ledge created by the lower sheet.
Miguel

They all go up vertically in Sweden, never seen it done like this either. We buy dry walls cut to standard ceiling height 240cm ish. They're also standard width.

Last edited:
Top Bottom